FaceBook

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Not sure what happened but since last week the facebook site is loading so slow it is impossible to follow any more. My internet speed is not the fastest and never was but all other forums and sites I visit have no problems. Anyone else been seeing that on FB and is there a cure??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Possibly an extension running that is chewing up resources, if you install apps/games/etc that use facebook or your browser then this might be the culprit. Possibly browser version compatibility, updating your browser is probably not a bad idea regardless. Clearing out cookies/cache/history is relatively easy and might help. Worst case would be a virus or spyware that is using up resources, keep an eye out for other weird stuff happening, one site being slow isn't a huge red flag IMHO. I admit that I am far from an expert, maybe others will be able to offer better advice, but I thought I'd give you this as a starting point.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
JT, if I remember correctly, your computer is so old that it still has a hand crank on the side. Might be time to spend some of your secret stash that you've been squirrelling away. It's conveniently Christmas in a couple of weeks too... ;)

jttheclockman

JT, if I remember correctly, your computer is so old that it still has a hand crank on the side. Might be time to spend some of your secret stash that you've been squirrelling away. It's conveniently Christmas in a couple of weeks too... ;)
Skip I use pedal power. Get my excercise in while on the computer. My Dad always said if not broke do not fix. It is not broke and FB is not one of those must see sites like this. If I lose this site I will get a new one. Just spent a huge chunk of money this year on the outside of my house. Next year inside and following year landscape and then selling and moving next door to you.:):):)

jttheclockman

Possibly an extension running that is chewing up resources, if you install apps/games/etc that use facebook or your browser then this might be the culprit. Possibly browser version compatibility, updating your browser is probably not a bad idea regardless. Clearing out cookies/cache/history is relatively easy and might help. Worst case would be a virus or spyware that is using up resources, keep an eye out for other weird stuff happening, one site being slow isn't a huge red flag IMHO. I admit that I am far from an expert, maybe others will be able to offer better advice, but I thought I'd give you this as a starting point.
I cleaned the cache and still slow. I am defraging now.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Haha JT..... no need to buy the place next to me... now that the kids have all left, we have loads of space...
Not sure how my wife would like it though, as she can hardly stand me and you and I were cast in the same mold.......!!! ;)

jttheclockman

Well it looks like I am not alone with this new facebook stuff. Seems they are catering to the smartphone and their fixes for home computers is nowhere to be found and lots and lots of people are having problems. I actually hope FB burns up. It has gotten too big for its britches. They try to cram way too much junk on that site. Too many ads which slows things down.

Well it looks like I am not alone with this new facebook stuff. Seems they are catering to the smartphone and their fixes for home computers is nowhere to be found and lots and lots of people are having problems. I actually hope FB burns up. It has gotten too big for its britches. They try to cram way too much junk on that site. Too many ads which slows things down.
I set up a face book account a year or so back.. went back to it once. My wife spends hours there on her iPad... she complains about the ads constantly...

sbwertz

I set up a face book account a year or so back.. went back to it once. My wife spends hours there on her iPad... she complains about the ads constantly...
I had never had an account until this year, when I had to open one because one of my consulting clients had problems with a program and the only tech support for the program was on facebook, so I opened an account to get to the tech support. I have five "friends" all family and I check it once a week or so. It is a good way to share photos with family. But I don't have a "page" or any thing. I just see posts from my five "friends."

I had never had an account until this year, when I had to open one because one of my consulting clients had problems with a program and the only tech support for the program was on facebook, so I opened an account to get to the tech support. I have five "friends" all family and I check it once a week or so. It is a good way to share photos with family. But I don't have a "page" or any thing. I just see posts from my five "friends."
I don't even know if I have 5 friends on my... it was actually set up to be a companion to my ETSY store, but haven't done much with it in a year or so.. I did have a local guy send me a message from his account and to reply FB said I had to log in... couldn't, so I replied via email... haven't heard back from him to date.

jttheclockman

They must have fixed something on FB because today I was able to navigate freely and quickly as once was. I was actually able to get into my account to shut off most adds. Hopefully that all helps. Someone must have gotten to the powers to be.

jttheclockman

Facebook acting up again. Can not even load it. Worked good for a week and now worst than ever. That is one screwy platform.

Top Bottom