Eye Candy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

It's been a while since I posted anything so... Here's a few pens I recently finished. They were made from candy wrappers. Like most of my pens, my son and wife own them now.

Attachments

• 5E3F917B-4E96-41CD-8EAE-CF2D492C7A51.jpeg
    5E3F917B-4E96-41CD-8EAE-CF2D492C7A51.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 362
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It's been a while since I posted anything so... Here's a few pens I recently finished. They were made from candy wrappers. Like most of my pens, my son and wife own them now.

I love Snickers and M&M's, good call. Skittles cost me $900.00 for a crown after eating some from an MRE, way too old and brittle . Problem is now that I'm a diabetic I can't eat any of them. Good job and I'm jealous of your wife and son. Nice pens

qquake

Those look cool! Do you make them for Exotic?

montmill

Very nice. Stupid question but I wonder if the companies like the free advertising or come after someone selling them for copyright issues? I know yours are going to your wife and kids but I wondered generally if that's an issue or concern. I can see those selling.

JohnU

Those look cool! Do you make them for Exotic?

Yes, they sell my blanks.

JohnU

Very nice. Stupid question but I wonder if the companies like the free advertising or come after someone selling them for copyright issues? I know yours are going to your wife and kids but I wondered generally if that's an issue or concern. I can see those selling.
This has been a long time topic with many of us. There has been some research and I understand that if you reuse and not reproduce you are safer, but it all comes done to their feelings and how much money does one want to spend. To date I've reused many things in casting like stamps, bottle caps, beer labels, playing cards, etc. I've always been respectful In the process and never tried to pass it off as anything but repurposed. With that said I respect their business opinion and would stop at the first request to do so.

Thanks for all the responses.

David350

Hi John, I'm not sure if you are a hobbyist, or interested in making pens for profit, but if it's the latter, I would definitely try to contact some of their distributors, or even reach out to the candy manufacturers directly. I can see your pens as a great promotional idea for them. Hopefully they will see the quality of your pens and not immediately try to source it overseas...

Woodchipper

I also thought of the liability and copyright issues. I would call the legal department of the manufacturer directly. Distributors wouldn't have any say in copyright issues. They just sell the candy to the retailer.

Top Bottom