Experimenting with poly clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glw20109

I was following a tutorial on you tube, but really blew it. So I took the scrap and practiced making some blanks. These are just for practice and learning. Wrapped the clay around some odd 7mm tubes I had laying around. What I am finding is if you don't like the way it looks, tear it off and start over. You can get some real interesting patterns. Some day I will get better, make some different canes, bulls eyes, stars, flowers, and leaves to make something other than random patterns. It is not that expensive to get into, Hobby Lobby usually has everything you need, if not Amazon does. There are tons of polymer clay tutorials on you tube to learn from.

Attachments

• practice tube3.jpg
    practice tube3.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 170
  • practice tube.jpg
    practice tube.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Thanks for the post. I was looking at the poly clay at HL which is about 2 miles away. Wife and I go in just to look. She usually buys something in the fabric section.

glw20109

Thanks for the post. I was looking at the poly clay at HL which is about 2 miles away. Wife and I go in just to look. She usually buys something in the fabric section.
Nothing lost giving it a try, plenty of tutorials on you tube that you can adapt to pens. The biggest thing I discovered it my oven is 20 - 30 cooler than the digital display says!

Top Bottom