Experience Threading Liquid Diamonds Epoxy Balnks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

I would like to cast some blanks for making some kitless pens using Liquid Diamonds. I could make some metal threaded bushings but I would like to thread the epoxy blank if possible for the cap to body connection. Does anyone have experience and/or advice?

Thanks,

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Danny, both kitless fountain pens I posted a few weeks ago used Liquid Diamonds blanks, both were threaded M13 x0.8 triple start for the body/cap junction and M10x0.75 for the section to body junction. Liquid Diamonds blanks threads well in my experience, go slow with lubricant (I typically use PAM). I usually let the blanks cure for at least 24 hours after demolding.

Fred

More4dan

Danny, both kitless fountain pens I posted a few weeks ago used Liquid Diamonds blanks, both were threaded M13 x0.8 triple start for the body/cap junction and M10x0.75 for the section to body junction. Liquid Diamonds blanks threads well in my experience, go slow with lubricant (I typically use PAM). I usually let the blanks cure for at least 24 hours after demolding.

Fred

Thanks Fred, exactly what I needed. Those were beautiful pens.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

eharri446

You can also use the dyes made by Aluilite and the ones made by Mixol. I even saw someone using acrylic paint to color the resin.

Top Bottom