Engraved pen clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

This is a pen clip I made to replace the clip on a pen that a friend bought from me a while back. I made it from silver and did some freehand leaf sketching/engraving on it. I have probably about 6 hours in it from fabrication to finish. I'm getting closer to achieving the 3 dimensional look I want, as well as the balance of negative space that looks good to my eyes. As a comparison, the left is my first "engraving " on a pen, about one year ago.
66A14296-884C-4BB4-864E-9EC6BF627FEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Your talent has really improved over just one year. Not saying your first pen was nothing to talk about. The engraving matches the vintage blue lined material quiet well. Just love your skills.
Keith

sorcerertd

Your talent has really improved over just one year. Not saying your first pen was nothing to talk about. The engraving matches the vintage blue lined material quiet well. Just love your skills.
Keith
I agree with all of this.

Do you use an antiquing solution to darken the metal and then buff the highlights out?

BULLWINKLE

This is a pen clip I made to replace the clip on a pen that a friend bought from me a while back. I made it from silver and did some freehand leaf sketching/engraving on it. I have probably about 6 hours in it from fabrication to finish. I'm getting closer to achieving the 3 dimensional look I want, as well as the balance of negative space that looks good to my eyes. As a comparison, the left is my first "engraving " on a pen, about one year ago. View attachment 341683
Fantastic. No other way to describe your workmanship.

Top Bottom