Enduro??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jahlg

I am new to the site, and have read about Enduro finishing. Ok, someone clue me in to this product, as i want a way to put a high gloss and lasting finish on my work. Right now i sand to 600, then 3 coats sand dealer, EEE, friction polish, then Ren wax. I am learning by reading that i should be MM sanding between coats of sealer. Any other tips?? Where do i get enduro? Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome to the IAP Joe. You'll like it here an learn a lot.

Try clicking on the "Search" link that is in the upper right of this page. In the search engine type Enduro . You will find numerous posts about the product, where it comes from and different peoples opinion about it's use.
Regards,
Mac

clewless

Here's a link to the pdf file about Enduro at Yahoo penturners. Worth joining, if you're not already a member.

http://tinyurl.com/co3oc (Revised link)

If you can't get it, send me an email and I'll send it directly to you.

Joe in MD
(since we have more Joes)

HeatherA

It is also here if you don't want to join Yahoo

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=8321

Heather

lkorn

Originally posted by jahlg
<br />I I am learning by reading that i should be MM sanding between coats of sealer. Any other tips?? Where do i get enduro? Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!
Joe

Joe, everyone else told you where to find the Enduro link, it is a great product. HOWEVER, you missed a point on sanding. After sanding the bare wood to 600 grit, then you need to use all grades of Micro-mesh on the wood Before using ANY finishing product. With all sanding you'll get best results if with EACH GRIT, you sand with the lathe on, wipe down with with DNA, turn the lathe off and sand with the grain to remove the circular maks generated by the lathe, wipe down again, to remove all traces of sanding dust and grit. Again, this is done between each grade of sandpaper and MM. It may sound excessive, but the end results speak for themselves. All finishes are only as good as the surface preparation.
Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom