ENDURO Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaRed

I will be trying Enduro for the first time soon. As I was reading the User's Guide it recommended using the Conditioner to slow down dry time in temperatures over 80 degrees Fahrenheit. My makeshift shop in my makeshift garage gets upwards of 120 degrees during this part of the year. It states "will help eliminate the dry overspray pass lines that are quite commin in hot, dry weather".

In your experiences, is this necessary for pen turning? I just don't want to waste any wood or time if the answer is already known.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

You don't need this in pen turning. You have to remember that their instructions are refering to much larger projects like table tops and bar tops and also they are talking about using a spray system to apply it where we use a paper towel. Did you find my instructions that I wrote on how to use Enduro? If not go to our home page and do a search if they are not listed with all of the articles.

Wayne

CaliforniaRed

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />You don't need this in pen turning. You have to remember that their instructions are refering to much larger projects like table tops and bar tops and also they are talking about using a spray system to apply it where we use a paper towel. Did you find my instructions that I wrote on how to use Enduro? If not go to our home page and do a search if they are not listed with all of the articles.

Wayne

Since they were talking about overspray, I assumed this was with a spray application. Just wanted to make sure. Yes, I did find your instructions and they are incredibly helpful. I think I have read those instructions 20 times since I ordered my Enduro. The sealer is on and I will apply the poly tonight when I get home. I liked Griz's experiment so I am doing somewhat the same thing. I have a piece of cherry, oak and maple which I am applying the finish. This will allow me to practice the finishing and see how each variety will look. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Thanks for the help.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Chris--with the Enduro and really any other finish, you will not get your best result if you finish in 120-degree heat. Most manufacturers strive for a working temperature between 65 and 80 degrees. I know that not everyone has an air-conditioned shop. If that's the case, try applying your finishes late in the evening or early in the morning. The closer the ambient temperature is to the 65-80 range, the more likely you are to have a good finish.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've just posted a "sticky", locked post on the Finishing forum that gives the directions for Wayneis's method of applying an Enduro Poly finish. Hopefully we'll all be able to find it the next time someone asks! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom