Ellipse question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I have had this Ellipse pen in the drawer for a couple of months, I played with it or showed it to people every couple of weeks with no issues (i.e. some, but not much use). Last night I went to package it up as a birthday gift and I couldn't get the refill to extend, the upper and lower sections were just slipping almost freely. I exercised the transmission a bit, but no luck. Finally I decided to put a little loctite on the transmission (where it friction fits) and this did the trick. From the beginning, the friction fit of the transmission seemed loose, but early on it worked ok without too much slippage. Is this a common issue? Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• PSX_20171117_175501.jpg
    PSX_20171117_175501.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 206

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi Sam,

This is the first time I have heard of a transmission slipping.

Actually, I had a couple hundred extras made, when the pen was produced (an ounce of preparedness), I have no idea where they are, I have only replaced one other transmission, it was bad from the get-go.

Happy to send you a replacement, just request it in the comments of your next order.

Ed

Dehn0045

Thanks for the response Ed, good to hear that it isn't a common issue, might have been something I did, who knows. I have a few more of these kits (stupid me, I didn't try one of the other transmissions before the blue thread lock). I'll let you know if I have any similar issues with the remaining kits

Top Bottom