Elegant Monarch with Cross Band in Holy Land Olive Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings everyone:

Today's distraction was a pair of Elegant Monarch pens with Cross Bands from the Classic Nib. One is Gunmetal and Gold and the other (at least according to the bag) is Gunmetal and Antique Bronze, but the Gunmetal part has more of an antique silver or pewter look to me. Anyhow, I think the grain in the Olive wood is very nice. By the way, I'm sure these are Olive Wood from Israel and they were labeled as Bethlehem Olive Wood, but I got them in Jerusalem. Each blank makes 2 of this style of pen and I have several of the blanks. I think I paid something like 8 Shekels each.

Regards,
Dave

PS They are both the same size, but parallax in my photography makes the bottom one look like it is bigger.

Two pens, three different views as they were rotated.
IMG_1355 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1356 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1357 Cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Dave, those are two very nice looking pens, the finish on both is outstanding. I just learned a while ago, you just can't go wrong when using a piece of olive wood. No matter what you make out of it, the outcome is always fantastic looking.

Len

egnald

Correction: - The Classic Nib's website lists the pen as Gunpolish/Antique Bronze and not "Gunmetal". I'm guessing that is why it has a lighter, more pewter like finish. - Dave

robutacion

Well, you know me, I love any kind of Olive wood and I can only say that those blanks are "Gems" in my book, stunning grain and finish, let's hope the oils let the thick coat of CA stay put, well done...! đź‘Ť

Cheers
George

magpens

Yeah .... that's what I like to see .... those straight shiny lines with no "wrinkles" .... very nice finish . !!!!

And I love that B.O.W. no matter where you got it !!!

BTW .... how much is a "shekel" ?

egnald

Yeah .... that's what I like to see .... those straight shiny lines with no "wrinkles" .... very nice finish . !!!!

And I love that B.O.W. no matter where you got it !!!

BTW .... how much is a "shekel" ?

I always estimated about 4 Sheckels per Dollar to make it easy to do the currency conversion in my head, but the actual rate back in 2018 when I was traveling most frequently it was right around 3.7 Sheckels per Dollar.

Dave

jttheclockman

Always loved nicely figured olive wood and those are nice. Also like the matching of the kits. Works well together. May need to put them on my list for the future.

Top Bottom