Eccentric chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

My first chuck was a three-jaw el cheapo. Very eccentric. Wasn't supposed to be. [:0][;)] Sets on shelf now, hasn't been used in two years.

Edit: That wasn't any help, was it? I just couldn't help myself. [:I]

Dario

Fred,

As you probably can tell now, not a lot of penturners would be using this. You might get better response if you try posting this at Woodnet or Sawmill Creek.

darbytee

Thanks Frank, that was exactly what I was talking about.[:D]

Dario, I've already talked myself into getting it, I was just hoping for some validation on the decision.[;)]

Scott, Yes Clive (the Sorby rep) hooked me into it as well. I saw him this weekend at the woodworking show in Knoxville and he ended up costing me a lot more money than I wanted to spend.

Dario

Fred,

Validation? LOL You are kidding right????

Any toy (err tool) purchase need no validation....it is automatic and goes without saying [:D][}:)]

I haven't seen it in action but have seen turnings made with it...and they are expectacular. What I am not sure is how much/long the learning curve will be.

I am sure you will enjoy it (learning part included) [:p]

emackrell

Fred, now that the important part is over and the chuck is on the way, can you enlighten me on what an eccentric chuck does? I don't think I've seen one of those.

cheers Eileen [8D]

darbytee

Eileen, the eccentric chuck lets you do off center turnings. Some examples are here: http://www.robert-sorby.co.uk/press-slightly-eccentric.htm

I'll soon be able to show some much less talented examples of the same.[:)][:)]

btboone

It looks like having infinitly variable adjustment will be a nice feature to have. Looks solid and well made. I'd like to see a pen made like the curly cue goblet stems in the picture. I'll bet you'll have fun playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom