Ebony and Olive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred in NC

Modified slimline in Eboy and Bethlehem Olive Wood.
The pic does not do justice to this pen, I need to
work on my photo booth. It is very shiny. Finish
polycrylic and Ren. wax.

2004112221632_olivebon.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Thank you Bev. Yes, I love turning Bethlehem Olive. I also like ebony, somehow it does not crack for me, and takes a beautiful finish. The ribs or beads were done with a homemade beading tool.

PenWorks

Good looking pen Fred, I hope the ebony stays together. I never cut olivewood. But since coming to this site, it seems to be a favorite by allot of people, so I ordered some from that 40% off deal last week. Anthony

Fred in NC

Thanks, Anthony. I have worked with ebony before. I let the drilled blank sit for a day or so, and then run the drill through again. This seems to relieve internal stress in the wood. I use epoxy to glue the tube. Before inserting the metal parts, I clean the ends of the tubes with a "D" drill bit. Besides, there is a little more wood near the end than is apparent from the photo. I cut the end a bit oversize, about 1/64" over the bushing, and round the edge to make it less obvious. So far so good.

Fred in NC

Darrel: The upper barrel is 3/16" longer than a slimline tube, about 2-1/4". I cut it from 7mm x 10" tubes. When I use the regular slimline tubes I end up with a slightly shorter pen, like the one in my photo album. It is the walnut with blackwood, which happens to be the one I carry with me all the time.

I also make pens without the clip. They are for organizers, purses, etc. The slimline kit is very versatile.

Gary Max

Fred as always super nice pen. I am waiting on my first batch of Bethlehem Olive Wood to arrive here in a couple of weeks. Since I am new at this what would be a good kit to start with. I am wanting to move up the ladder a notch. Gee I keep getting all this help from the pro's I have to be getting better--Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom