Ebony and Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Valleyboy

Bit of a mixture here, I've used four different mediums in this pen.

The barrel and cap are made from African ebony and have cellulose acetate cap threads. The section is also made from the same cellulose.

The orange and ivory coloured detail is made from acrylic and the end coin and roll stop are both made from sterling silver. In the down-time during lock down I designed a "splat" logo for the pens I make, and I now add the silver coin to the majority of them. This is the first I've made with the roll-stop.

It has a Jowo No 6 compatible nib that I am trying out (its not made by Jowo but the housing is the same spec). I have a fine flex version that I am using in one of my own pens. I like the plain design and it has the benefit of an ebony feed.

The pen dimensions are:
Capped 140mm
Open 134mm (It doesn't post)
Cap threads 13mm

Cheers
Ash

IMG_9912.jpegIMG_9907.jpegIMG_9920.jpegIMG_9917.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
There are 4-5 kitless pen turners that I admire! And you are one of them. This is beautiful. I personally don't do kitless or fountain pens, but I certainly appreciate the skills and artistry involved. Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing. 👍 👍

Valleyboy

There are 4-5 kitless pen turners that I admire! And you are one of them. This is beautiful. I personally don't do kitless or fountain pens, but I certainly appreciate the skills and artistry involved. Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing. 👍 👍
Thank you Mark, that's very kind.
Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom