Ebonite+

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickR

PatrickR

Here is one from a little while ago.
Black SEM ebonite - Turnt pen co accents - Cosmic orange rings
After about 10 black ebonite pens I have finally learned what works best for me to get a good polish.
3E3861C7-6E7B-4FC5-930D-73243320F3F2.jpeg
63721A5B-9697-456E-98A7-0D5C61942BCB.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautifully done ! ! ! ! . . . Which Bock nib is that ?

You say "-
"After about 10 black ebonite pens I have finally learned what works best for me to get a good polish."

Could you share your methods with us, please ? . . . even just a summary, including polishing materials, would be very interesting.

PatrickR

Beautifully done ! ! ! ! . . . Which Bock nib is that ?

You say "-
"After about 10 black ebonite pens I have finally learned what works best for me to get a good polish."

Could you share your methods with us, please ? . . . even just a summary, including polishing materials, would be very interesting.
The nib is a standard #6 gold plated.
Black ebonite seems like the hardest material too get a really nice scratch free shine for me.
The main thing is to work through every grit that you can/have, completely before proceeding to the next. If there are any scratches from the previous grit sand again until there isn't. I sand in alternating directions with each grit and clean with DNA in between. It makes it easier to see any remaining scratches from the previous grit.
I start with 220 and finish with the finest Zona. In the Zona set there is a big jump between 2 of them (forget the colors and grits) find a couple grits to use in between these.
Finally buff with blue plastic compound and then rouge.

Top Bottom