Dust collector made portable.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have a new dust collector coming on Tuesday. The big brother of this one. This one I made portable and will be used wherever I need it, most likely on my lathe. It works pretty well, but I needed more suction for my table and band saw. The new one will handle them. It's going to be really handy and nice to now be able to move the smaller one around.
IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buckmark13

Now you've added another project to my to do list!!

I've been putting off getting a dust collector due to limited space. I use a shop vac connected to dust deputy but it's a PIA to move around.

Love this idea!!!

howsitwork

Nice idea . Like the grab handle on the pipe end for fast easy connection.

Looks too tidy to me though !

Dont your feet get cold on concrete ? I put old carpet down and it's kinder to stand on, and easy to take out and shake at the biannual dust down ! Also kinder on chisel edges if you drop them , 😳 or maybe that's just clumsy me ?

KenB259

Nice idea . Like the grab handle on the pipe end for fast easy connection.

Looks too tidy to me though !

Dont your feet get cold on concrete ? I put old carpet down and it's kinder to stand on, and easy to take out and shake at the biannual dust down ! Also kinder on chisel edges if you drop them , [emoji15] or maybe that's just clumsy me ?

Nope never get cold feet, but your question did make me think of something. A few years ago we were at a Sams Club and they had cushioned fatigue mats, so I bought one thinking that would be great in front of the lathe. It was probably less than an inch thick, but that extra little height bugged me to no end when I was trying to turn. I ended up not using it in the workshop. That little bit of height really threw me off. I guess you just get used to a certain feel.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

KenB259

I used it at the lathe today and oh my goodness what a difference it made. I had to wear hearing protection as it does add a lot of noise. I could really tell the difference when sanding.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom