Drilling long holes/making bag pipes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Vey

Sometime ago here in relation to drilling long/deep holes was a link mentioned to a site for making bagpipes. I need to find this link, I did a search but nothing specific came up. The person who posted this or anyone who remembers it, please direct me to it.
TIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Rudy, that was me. I think the thread was called 'drilling long and deep'. I got some flak over that as some thought it was sexually suggestive. [?] Some people.....[;)] I don't recall, but it could have been on the 'other' (dare I say it [;)] ) forum, The Pen Shop. I wrote the company for information on their drilling bit but they never responded. Trade secret, I guess.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />Sometime ago here in relation to drilling long/deep holes was a link mentioned to a site for making bagpipes. I need to find this link, I did a search but nothing specific came up. The person who posted this or anyone who remembers it, please direct me to it.
TIA

Rudy, are you punishing your wife by making a set of bagpipes?
[:D][:D][:D]

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />Sometime ago here in relation to drilling long/deep holes was a link mentioned to a site for making bagpipes. I need to find this link, I did a search but nothing specific came up. The person who posted this or anyone who remembers it, please direct me to it.
TIA

Rudy, are you punishing your wife by making a set of bagpipes?
[:D][:D][:D]

First, she likes the pipes a lot, but cries when they play 'Danny Boy'!! We had a craft show yesterday and a boy was playing them very nicely, we started talking and he mentioned that he would like to build his own pipes one day and I remembered that discussion in one of the pen sites. Thought it was here...
We are leaving for Ireland tomorrow and we hope to hear some pipe music on Paddy's Day in Dublin.

punkinn

Clearly the bagpipe jokers have nay a drop of Scottish blood in their souls! I LOVE the pipes. Are you talking Highland (Scottish) pipes or Uilleann (Irish) pipes?

Have a GREAT trip!
Nancy

Ligget

My two daughters are Highland dancers, they seem to be constantly practicing even at home.
Pipe music is on constantly from dawn till dusk in my house.
Thank goodness for a workshop with a decent radio where I can get some rest from it all!!! LOL[;)][:)][:)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by punkinn
<br />Clearly the bagpipe jokers have nay a drop of Scottish blood in their souls! I LOVE the pipes. Are you talking Highland (Scottish) pipes or Uilleann (Irish) pipes?

Have a GREAT trip!
Nancy

When I was a news photographer in Chicago, I had the occasional sad assignment of photographing the funeral of a police officer killed in the line of duty. They always played bagpipes at those funerals. News photographers are a pretty indifferent lot. Have to be to work without letting emotions get in the way. But those pipes brought me to a halt. Lump in throat, tears in eyes. I would never admit it, though.

woodbutcher

Actually I am 1/2 Scottish, just can't get past a little comedy. The pipes are pleasant enough at times. I look at them and listen when they may not be played by an artisit (student) and wonder to myself, what was the inventor thinking that day.[:p]
Jim

gerryr

Imagine yourself as some ancient superstitious warrior and you and your pals have invaded Scotland and are getting ready to attack a village on a foggy morning and you hear about 100 pipers and the sounds keeps getting louder and it sounds like you're completely surrounded. The "Ladies from Hell" have just arrived to make you wish you were somewhere other than here.

punkinn

Originally posted by ligget
<br />My two daughters are Highland dancers, they seem to be constantly practicing even at home.
Pipe music is on constantly from dawn till dusk in my house.
Thank goodness for a workshop with a decent radio where I can get some rest from it all!!! LOL[;)][:)][:)]

Mark: I can picture them now. How wonderful! [:)] I'd gladly trade you places for several <s>months</s> years! [:D] I've visited the UK many times (in my previous LBD {Life Before Divorce}), and I've never felt more "at home" away from home anywhere I've been. I love it there.

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom