Drill Doctor Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyDiver

There has been a lot of discussion in the Harbor Freight Drill Bit thread about Drill Doctors. As a newbie to this addiction, I figure I'm going to need one of these sooner or later (never turn down an excuse to get a new tool ;)). What model do you guys think is best and why?
Thanks.

DCWoodworks

I have the XP series, and it serves me very well. It sharpens 3/32 to 1/2 (and you can order the oarger chuck to sharpen up to 3/4), sharpens HSS, carbide, cobalt, TiN, Masonry, and split point bits. It will also put a split point on your old drill bits. It sharpens them pretty fast, and they stay sharp for awhile. I dont know what I would do without mine.....pretty much all I can tell ya!

TBone

I have one of the first model that came out about 5 years ago. It does not have an adjustable angle and only sharpens at 118*. It also does not do split points. For what I drill most of the time, that was fine. But I wanted a little more for drilling blanks. So the split points and the ability to sharpen at 135 was reason for me to buy the new model. I just made sure I got one that was adjustable for angle and did split points. Which ever model you get, it does work and sharp bits are worth it. Eagle posted a link in the Harbor Freight Bits thread to The Drill Doctor Store by Tyler Tools. They were much cheaper than straight from DD. Tyler sells a lot of refurbished tools and I've bought from them before with good results. This isn't listed as refurbished though. I ordered yesterday afternoon and had a tracking number last night.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Both Paul HArvey and Russ Limbaugh have endorsed the DD(Two of my favorite radio personalities)
You can't go wrong.
If you can find the old 750 you may beable to save a little$.
If not the 750X is the replacement.
No sense getting the others as the larger bits in the kits are bigger than 1/2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom