Drifwood slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dmadis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmadis

Found some 3/4" pieces of driftwood at the thrift store. In the voids there was fine black sand embedded, which makes me assume it is drifwood. All the softer parts of the wood are gone, the remaining parts are still good and firm. The larger darker areas are voids filled with chips and dust.
driftwood.jpg

driftpen1.jpg

driftpen2.jpg

driftpen3.jpg

driftpen4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
UNFRIGGINBELIEVEABLY Gorgeously ASTOUNDING!
If there is any down side it's the fact you used it on a slimline!
Nothing wrong with slimlines but that i$ a money pen!

TheHeretic

Incredible!!! the look of the wood combined with the black kit is truly striking. To me though, I would have liked to have seen some other type of CB to eliminate the wasp waist look. You did do a great job on minimizing that effect though. Excellent choice of wood w/ kit finish.

Dean
Columbus OH

wicook

That stuff has some amazing grain. I've often wondered what might be below the surface, but never cut into it to find out. Thanks for an inspiration. I think this would have looked even better if you had eliminated the centre band.

elody21

Great pen!!! I am glad to see I am not the only one who scans the thrift store for materials!!

PenWorks

Very cool Darrell, nice looking pens. I have a ton of driftwood. Use to pick it up at the local lake till I found out it was ilegal! Doesn't make sense, you are allowed to pick it up and burn it for camp fires, but it is ilegal to remove it from the lake area. I would make walking sticks out of them. I just might have to cut some up. Great job.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Very cool Darrell, nice looking pens. I have a ton of driftwood. Use to pick it up at the local lake till I found out it was ilegal! Doesn't make sense, you are allowed to pick it up and burn it for camp fires, but it is ilegal to remove it from the lake area. I would make walking sticks out of them. I just might have to cut some up. Great job.

Illegal??? who would've thought that the government would come up with some kind of law that doesn't make sense? I never would've imagined!!!

dougle40

That is absolutely outstanding !!!!
I do agree about the CB though , you might try turning a black one around the same size as the O/D of the pen and rounding over the edges .

dmadis

The cut piece has holes in it. The pen has brown thingies where I assume the holes are. Did you fill them or is that an optical illusion?
The brown thingies are where there were holes. They were filled in with chips and sawdust. I didn't fill in the tiny holes which are all over wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom