Donation Premium Plan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Every year I've offered a premium for some minimum donation. Generally it's a coffee cup, although last year (I think) I did the mug-o-blanks.

For our 5th anniversary, I'm doing a coffee cup again, but something special. A limited edition commemorative piece with a special logo.

I had Skye design a 5th anniversary logo. I'm having that applied as a raised ceramic medallion on handmade stoneware coffee mugs. These are made in the USA and I think they're super. I am having only 100 made, and they will be numbered by the potter on the bottom.

I was thinking about making that minimum donation $36.50 with the theme of supporting the IAP with "a dime a day". That gets the recipient a mug, postpaid (US only - I'm going to have to ask more for int'l shipping).

Using that number, the net from 90 cups (I'm holding the first 10 as gifts.) will be roughly $1500 which pays for just under one year of hosting and software licensing fees.

I had considered that the demand for these would be high, and that I should make the donation $50, but in these crappy economic times, I didn't want to push our luck.

Please give me your opinion of this, both the basic idea, and the donation amount. I'll post a picture as soon as I get the final mockup from the vendor.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Jeff, I think that sounds like a good idea, as long as you let us make the first donations!! I do like the idea of the "dime a day" slogan, that brings home the idea that if each person contributes a little bit, we all benefit a lot.

LanceD

I don't drink coffe but it should be good enough for a little Boones Farm on a cold night :biggrin:. Reserve mine.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the mug. Well, that's a little darker blue than we're getting. Ours will be a better match to the forum color. Not perfect, but better.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• mug1.jpg
    mug1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 95

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I LIKE the "dime a day", but I think you will run out of mugs in about a week.

Consider how many donations you got last year in the "mug o blanks" -- and yes the economy IS bad.

If I can round up a TARP loan, I'll participate!!!

Unfortunately, I have no BETTER idea, but I DO think you will be "bought out" quickly.

FWIW

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I LIKE the "dime a day", but I think you will run out of mugs in about a week.

Consider how many donations you got last year in the "mug o blanks" -- and yes the economy IS bad.

If I can round up a TARP loan, I'll participate!!!

Unfortunately, I have no BETTER idea, but I DO think you will be "bought out" quickly.

FWIW

That is a concern I have too. I guess we could try $50.

Scott

Hi Guys!

I too think they'll be bought out in a short time, but I like the idea of the dime-a-day price. What I would suggest is generating some other items with the fifth anniversary logo on them - t-shirts, caps, frisbees, etc - and give those for a series of lower-limit donations. Either that or up your order of the mugs to 250 and keep them at the dime-a-day price. Just whistling here.

Scott.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Agree with RANDY????

If you are going to up the ante a little, go $52 and then you can have the cute little hook of a "dollar per week.":wink:

Why, yes, from time to time!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Give this one some thought, Jeff. Isn't $50 the level that we had last year??

Add $2 and call it "Economic adjustment":at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Top Bottom