Donation Drawing WINNERS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Below are the results of the Donation Drawing

Thanks to all 147 of you for your kind and generous support of the IAP! Some of you are first-time supporters of our community, and we thank you for recognizing that this is an organization worthy of your support. Many of you are long-time members continuing to support our mission, and we thank you for your confidence and loyalty.

How I did the drawing: In previous years, I've drawn the winners in the Donation Drawing by pulling slips of paper with member names from a paper bag. This process is labor intensive, and last year we had a little hiccup when one of the slips of paper flew out of the bag early in the drawing. I didn't notice this when it happened, but one of you with eagle eyes picked it up on the video. That has motivated me this year to use a third-party draw service from Random.org

About Random.org: At the bottom of this email you'll find a means to check to ensure that you were entered in the drawing, as well as a screen capture of the drawing result as I saw it. If you feel somehow that you should have been entered in the drawing and the service tells you otherwise, please let me know.

Here are the lucky winners!

1. BRobbins629 A $100 Gift Certificate from Berea Hardwoods
  2. Mike8850 Drill Doctor Model DD750X from Jeff Brown ([profile]jeff[/profile]) $150 Value
  3. CaptG A $50 Gift Certificate from Wood-N-Whimsies
  4. John Crane A collection of 5 inlay pen kits from [profile]Constant Laubscher[/profile] $100 Value
  5. philbaldwin 8 M3 Patterned Metal Blanks from Richard DeArment ([profile]randbcrafts[/profile]) at http://randbcrafts.com $295 Value
  6. AKPenTurner A $50 Gift Card to Woodcraft from [profile]Canedriver[/profile] (David)
  7. Harley2001 A $50 Gift Card to Woodcraft from [profile]Canedriver[/profile] (David)
  8. thewishman Nova Midi Chuck from KMS Tools $175 Value
  9. markgum Stainless Steel Mandrel Bushings from Steven Jackson ([profile]Skiprat[/profile]) Value: PRICELESS!
  10. arioux Wolverine Sharpening System from Craft Supplies USA $150 Value (Grinder Not Included!)
  11. jdmacdo $150 Gift Certificate for Pen Kits from Exotic Blanks $150 Value
  12. PioneerPens Assortment of Carbon Fiber Blanks from [profile]CaptG[/profile] $105 Value
  13. 1080Wayne 3/8" Spindle Gouge with Custom Engraved Tool Handle from Thompson Lathe Tools $100 Value
  14. olsenia Custom Pen Box and Six 3-D Pen Blanks from Creative Dimensions $120 Value
  15. MartinPens Cactus Juice Stabilizing Rig from TurnTex Woodworks $160 Value
  16. Chasper 67 Tru-Stone Blanks - one of nearly every type made! $650 Value
  17. Jaywood1207 A late addition!! A Paul Huffman Pen Vise $80 Value

You will be contacted by the person responsible for delivering your prize for shipping information.

To see the drawing summary and verify your inclusion, go HERE.

When you check for your entry, please be aware that it's case sensitive. Whatever you entered when you did the credit card processing is what you need to enter to check for inclusion in the drawing. MANY of you entered things that don't resemble your actual username.

Attachments

• Draw3.jpg
    Draw3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Congrats to all the winners. Thank you to all the vendors and contributors of prizes and thank you to IAP for a great Birthday Bash. It was my first, but it certainly will not be my last.

IPD_Mrs

Congrats to Jeff and staff for not only another successful Birthday Bash, but another successful year. May there be many more to come.

OKLAHOMAN

Congratulations all winners!:good::good::good: To all the rest a meeting is scheduled for us at next years bash...details will be posted if I remember.:frown:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, if you go to that link at random.org to check to see if you were included in the drawing, please be aware that your member name is case sensitive. Whatever you entered when you did the credit card processing is what you need to enter to check for inclusion in the drawing. MANY of you entered things that don't resemble your actual username. I am getting a flood of PM's from people asking why they were not included. I'm happy to do the query and send screen shots, but it will take time. If you go back to the confirmation email you received when you made your entry, you'll see exactly what you entered. Use that in the query and you'll see the correct result.

thewishman

I want to thank my director, who never gave up on this project, my executive producers, the cinematographer who hid my extra 50 pounds, the Academy, and all of the little people that made this possible...

Oops!:redface: Wrong speech!

WOW! Thank you, KMS Tools! What a great prize. I have been lusting after the pin jaws and just about pulled the trigger on the old Mastercard.

What a great bash!

To all my old chums in the Losers Club, it is with a heavy heart ----
awww who am I kiddin'... Nuts to you! hahahahaha

Trustone party at Chasper's house!

API - Reynoldsburg, Ohio

Handlers of thewishman wish to announce that he has been admitted to rehab. In his giddy celebration, he trashed a hotel room and was caught driving, 20 mph below the speed limit, through a residential area honking and shouting, "You like me, you really like me!"

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

Phunky_2003 had 1 entry in this drawing but was not picked as a winner

Well Poooooooooo!!:befuddled::befuddled:

Thanks for another great bash to all those involved!!

Congrats to the winners!!:bananen_smilies046:

I am already looking forward to another next year!!

Pioneerpens

Whoo hoooooo What a great Bash again!!!!! Thanks to ALL that put this on in front of and behind the scenes!!!!
Thanks CaptG~ I've been itching to try those carbon fiber blanks~~~~~
A YIPPEEEEEEEEEE Nite!!!!!!!!

micharms

Congratulations to all the winners. What a great Bash. Don't know how they'll do it but I bet next year's will top it.

Thanks to all the organizers for all the hard work.

Michael

Pete275

Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you to Jeff and everyone else involved in making the bash so much fun. As someone else has said this was my first but it won't be my last. Thanks again everone for making us all winners.

Wayne

jdmacdo

Good Year...

Let's see... Won the Trivia drawing on day one and ended with winning one of the great awards from the donation drawing...

SWEET!!!!

Thank you to CSUSA for the gouge and Exotic Blanks for the $150 Gift Certificate!

And a huge thank you to everyone in the IAP who pulled together a great month of opportunities to not only learn about the group, but to see some of the finest work from beginners and advanced turners, and the phenomenal gifts that everyone had an opportunity to receive!!!

:biggrin:

Thanks!!!!

arioux

Wow, i end up with a wolverine system !!!!!!. And a great mug !!!

Thank you Jeff and all the ones that helped you making this bash a great success.

Last edited:

philb

Wow!

Just like to say thanks to all the organisers for putting in a great bash, and an extra thanks to all those who donated prizes!
Especially Randbcrafts who donated the M3 blanks!!

Phil

olsenla

Looks like I'm a winner, winner, winner!! Thanks Creative Dimension for the six blanks and a box. I really appreciate the prize and the support you give IAP.

Thanks again,
Larry

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
What a great way to wake up!! Many thanks to all the generous donors, Jeff and his bash team for another great year.

Chasper

Thank you R & B Crafts, and thank you Jeff, Mike and all who worked on the Bash.

I do not normally get involved with the bash. As with other years, I simply sent in a donation to IAP during the bash, I didn't actually realize that there was a prize drawing going on, and that my donation got me a mug and entry into the drawing. I hadn't read the threads about the bash activities. When a mug came in the mail I was suprised because I didn't think I had entered any contests.

Then I got a PM telling me that I had won something. Then it turns out to be TruStone blanks, I use several dozen of them every year. All I can say is that it was blind, oblivious luck.

Isn't IAP great?

omb76

Congratulations to all!! Thanks Jeff and everyone who helped organize and support this years Birthday Bash!! Ya'll made for a fun month!! I enjoyed playing along and getting to know everyone better. Here's to next years bash!

johncrane

Wow its been an awesome Birthday Bash is year! it get's bigger and better every year thanks to Jeff his hard working crew, also a big thank you to the Donors for there great prize's and for there support to IAP :biggrin:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Congratulations to the winners, and a special thank-you to the donors who generously provided prizes - not only for this drawing, but for the entire bash. Without such great, generous sponsors, things like this would not be possible.

Thanks also to Jeff, whose tremendous behind-the-scenes efforts aren't thanked often enough! :)

Andrew

MartinPens

I was so blown away by all of the donations contributed for giveaway prizes!! I absolutely love this mug (I'm drinking coffee from it now). I really started getting energized when I saw the prize list keep growing and the amazing prizes. And now I'm really stoked that I won something, and an awesome personalized stabilizing system at that! You can be sure that once I figure out how to use it I will be offering stabilized blanks to the forum!

And I think everyone is doing some drooling over those true stone blanks!

What a fun bash!! I entered everything I possibly could and had an absolute blast. I'm now entering casting, stabilizing and almost dove into a tap/die group buy!

Thanks Jeff. I hope we can find some way to reward you for all your efforts to put this on.

Martin of MartinPens

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

glycerine

CONGRATS to you winners!!!

...and from one LOSER to another, better luck next year everyone!
And by the way, the mugs ARE awesome, so I'm definitely a HAPPY loser!

markgum

WOW.. A win in the puzzle contest and a win here. whooo hoooo..... :biggrin: :bananen_smilies051:

Congrats to my fellow prize winners.

Thanks Skiprat for the donation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
I also want to thank those who worked all the extra hours posting polls, photos, triva questions, puzzels etc. :bananen_smilies035:
When we all work together we make quite the party and each year I'm wondering how we can out-do the amazing stuff. Next year will be a real shin-ding. :highfive:

AKPenTurner

A big thank you to Jeff and all the hard working supporters of this years bash!!

Also, a special thank you from me to David (Canedriver) for the gift card from Woodcraft!

Top Bottom