Dog troubles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

My daughter's dog Blue got himself closed up in my daughters guest bathroom while everyone was away and ate through the door. I went over to measure the door and survey the damage. Blue met me at the front door wagging his tail. I did not pet him like normal and he followed me to the bathroom. Blue saw me looking at the door, his tail slowed to a stop and dropped between his legs. He turned and slunk off and hid from me.

Attachments

• 62BCEEF6-19A0-4BCF-8F39-BE441B8D1F6A.jpeg
    62BCEEF6-19A0-4BCF-8F39-BE441B8D1F6A.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 208
  • BB099867-24D9-4373-BAF2-D64D3CD7DC3D.jpeg
    BB099867-24D9-4373-BAF2-D64D3CD7DC3D.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice looking dog .... Hmmm .... "Blue" .... Australian breed by any chance ?

WarEagle90

Blue knew he had done wrong, but I have to sympathize with him ........... if I had been locked in a bathroom for a period of time, I probably would have chewed through the door too ;)

Curly

Had a neighbour that had an undisciplined high strung dog. They would leave for one to two week long vacations with the dog in the basement. The mother in law would come by in the evening to feed the dog. The dog would howl almost all day long in there. One night the woman left without putting the dog back in the basement and it was in the master bedroom. Dog dug and chewed its way through the drywall into the house. Served them right for not taking the dog camping with them!

tomas

When I was 13, I came home from school and my mother wasn't there like she was supposed to be and I was locked out. After an hour, I picked up a brick and broke out the window in the back door.

Tomas

JRK

Dog experts say that dogs do not know that they have done something wrong. Dogs are very good at reading human body language, when a human is angry, they pick up on the body language and exhibit the guilty behavior. If you do not reward or correct the dog while the behavior is happening, the dog will have no idea why the reward or correction occurred. Dogs live in the moment.

So if you come home to a puddle on the floor or a something that has been chewed etc..., do not punish the dog. It will not correct the behavior. You have to catch the dog in the act for a correction to do any good.

Top Bottom