Do you have a FP ink colour preference?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My preference of ink colour is RED! I have PR Fiesta Red as well as Dakota Red. Neither fully turn my crank, in so many words.

I also have PR Velvet Black, PR American Blue, and J. Herbins Black Pearl, none of which satisfy my inner feelings.

I would like to try a Green and Brown inks.

Do you have a favourite colour of the bunch I mention above? Or a favourite colour that I haven't mentioned?

(Jeff or whomever admins: If this should be in the FP forum, feel free to move it there at your discretion)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I like the Chesterfield "Antique" series of inks -- currently having fun with Antique Orchid and Antique Walnut, when I empty these I'll switch back to Antique Mariner and Antique Crimson.

(Chesterfield is generally reckoned to be a "second label" for Diamine inks, in the US sold by xFountainPens.com at a very fair price.)

Scott

Since you expressed an interest in green or brown ink, I will recommend my very favorite ink! Stipula Calmo Verde Muschiato. Hard to find, and expensive when you find it, it is a luscious brownish moss green. I have never seen another ink the comes close to this color. I just looked, and found some on Amazon that they called "green", but in the answers below it indicates that it is indeed the Verde Muschiato.

Scott.

Pete275

Hi Mack, One of my favorite colors is chocolate brown and one of the best I've found is the "Private Reserve Chocolate". I do admit that I love the entire line of Pilot Iroshizuku inks. I also have a forest green from Noodlers and also Noodlers Red which are both nice colors. Hope this helps and that you find what you are looking for.

Wayne

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks for your suggestions! Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Now to find a CDN source if possible, in cartridge form, if possible!
:biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
In those color families I use:

Noodler's Rattler Red Eel
Diamine Sherwood Green
Private Reserve Chocolate

Sprung

Under the "red" category I really like:
Sailor Jentle - Oku-yama (More of a burgundy)
Diamine - Oxblood (Also leans toward burgundy)

Under the "green" category I really like:
Sailor Jentle - Miruai (A dark seaweed green)

Under the "brown" category I really like:
J. Herbin - Lie de The (A tea brown)

I am a big fan of how the Sailor, Diamine, and J. Herbin inks write, so I tend to gravitate toward using those inks in my pens. The above are 4 of my 5 favorite inks. My other favorite ink is Organics Studio - Manganate V (a dark gray/blue). Organics Studio hasn't been made in about two years, but I recently saw that work is being done to reintroduce it. The Manganate V is the only ink of theirs I was ever able to obtain, so I am looking forward to eventually trying some of their other colors.

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Jeff!
Have never heard of the Sailor Jentile line of inks. Love those colours for choice!
Thanks everybody, your suggestions are exactly what I was looking for?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I don't want to say I am obsessive, :eek: but I have 42 FP in my room. Each has a different color ink, so my favorite is what ever I have in my hand.
Ron
Well Ron, if you don't want to say it I will: "You are obsessive!"

I have 2 FP's and wondered what I would do with all of the coloured inks suggested. I see myself spending an immense amount of time cleaning nibs etc.

Anyway I don't feel so bad now looking for another FP.

I do like your colour of RED!

Last edited:

scotirish

I don't want to say I am obsessive, :eek: but I have 42 FP in my room. Each has a different color ink, so my favorite is what ever I have in my hand.
Ron

I have 2 FP's and wondered what I would do with all of the coloured inks suggested. I see myself spending an immense amount of time cleaning nibs etc.

Which one? Arabian Red, Fiesta Red, Dakota Red, Black Cherry or plain old red?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Ron

Which one? Arabian Red, Fiesta Red, Dakota Red, Black Cherry or plain old red?
None of those! The one of your original post!

Top Bottom