Disc Stylus Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lowsmith

I made a pen for a coworker with a disc stylus (good for writing notes etc on a tablet). Penn state and woodturningz each have a version (I think they are basically the same):

several other folks have see that one and have asked if I can make pens in different styles, but with the disc stylus attachment. I have looked around, but I have not found any other kits, in other styles that have the disc type stylus, or that I think I can easily adapt .

has anyone else tried making disc type stylus pens other than the examples from penn state and woodturningz?

thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The fact that both of these pen kits (PSI and WTZ) use a Cross-style refill is a stroke against them. . In my experience, most people strongly prefer a pen that takes a Parker-style refill. . It could be that the design constraints of these pens would not accommodate a Parker. . I just don't know.

To-date, I have not seen any other disc-type stylus pen kits.

Since this is your first posting, I want to say to you .... Welcome to IAP !!! :)

eharri446

There are a lot of pen kits which you can add the rubber stylus to. However, the two you show here are the only two that I know of that have the disc type stylus. I have made several of the Super Stylus pens from WoodTurningZ and use one quite a lot with my i

Penultimate

I like the disc stylus and used one til I got an Apple Pencil. You could make your own disc stylus by turning the section from Aluminum and finishing the rest of the pen like a kit less. Bore a small hole for the pin part of the disc and secure it in the section.
A way to get around the refill issue is to use the stylus as its main function. I flipped the clip to the pen side and only used the pen when I didn't have one of my fountain pens.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

lowsmith

The fact that both of these pen kits (PSI and WTZ) use a Cross-style refill is a stroke against them. . In my experience, most people strongly prefer a pen that takes a Parker-style refill. . It could be that the design constraints of these pens would not accommodate a Parker. . I just don't know.

To-date, I have not seen any other disc-type stylus pen kits.

Since this is your first posting, I want to say to you .... Welcome to IAP !!! :)
Thanks!

lowsmith

here are the pens, both were from the Penn State kit. the single pen is Honduran Rosewood, and the pair are Olive and Cocobolo.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 127
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 134
Top Bottom