Digital Readouts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Has anyone added a Digital readout to a HF 7x10 metal lathe?
I have a trade work out for a used lathe with the quick change set up and I think a few other things.

I am going to go and look at a mini lathe tomorrow and was wondering is it worth getting digital readouts for it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

Has anyone added a Digital readout to a HF 7x10 metal lathe?
I have a trade work out for a used lathe with the quick change set up and I think a few other things.

I am going to go and look at a mini lathe tomorrow and was wondering is it worth getting digital readouts for it?

absolutely it is worth it. you can purchase them from amozon incredibly cheap, amazon digital readout, this one is the one i bought for my drill press, but there are other lengths available from 6" to 36". and they are made so that you can shorten them to exactly what you need. i would do the cross slide for sure, the longitudinal next and the tail stock if you can. have not gotten my metal lathe yet, but will not think about one without adding DRO.
good luck.

jd99

I don't have a photo handy, but here is the company I bought mine from.

Shooting Star Technology Link below

I have the BT2 on both my Lathe and the Mill (Shop Machines), and I have the BT3 on My Smithy Granite 1324 (home machine).

I've been using them for about 4 years or more and have had no problems.

index3a

Dale thanks for the link to your post.

Mike or Danny, do you have any pictures of your set up installed?

Curly

I don't have a photo handy, but here is the company I bought mine from.

Shooting Star Technology Link below

I have the BT2 on both my Lathe and the Mill (Shop Machines), and I have the BT3 on My Smithy Granite 1324 (home machine).

I've been using them for about 4 years or more and have had no problems.

index3a

Dale thanks for the link to your post.

Mike or Danny, do you have any pictures of your set up installed?

Thanks for the review. They are less than an hours drive away from me so will likely be the ones I will get for my lathe and mill when I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket. :wink:

Top Bottom