Different type of bottle stopper?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce Meritt

Hey everyone! I was at a woodworking store in another city a while back. They have a fairly large selection of pen, etc. kits. I'm not sure what brand their stuff is. I have never bought any from them. I have been getting my stuff from CSUSA.

On the rack they had a bag with, I believe, 12 simple bottle stopper kits. These were NOT the fancy stoppers with the chrome, etc. The kit consisted of simply a "dowel" that looked to be about 3/8" diameter on one end and 1/2" or maybe 9/16" diameter on the other end. The small end of the "dowel" is glued into a hole in the stopper and then a ribbed, silicone "sleeve" is slipped on to the large end of the "dowel".

Is anyone else familiar with these? Can they be purchased anywhere else? Might like to try a few of these just to use up some scraps. Since this store is in another city I was wondering if I could find them elsewhere. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Royce Meritt

Originally posted by penhead
<br />You mean these..?

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-7048

I mean those EXACTLY!! I thought I looked on CSUSA's web site for them. Why do you suppose I couldn't find them? Thanks!!!

Rudy Vey

Pens of Color has the black silicone rubber, they are much nicer that the clear ones. Sheila has imported them from England, they are made for the dispensers for those large upside-down spirit bottles in bars. The quality is excellent.

I just checked the POC site and all I could find is the white ones. The only black ones I could find were on the metal stoppers. Am I doing something wrong or do you have to ask Sheila for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom