Wanted Dia del Muerte (Day of the dead) Cast blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

A few tears ago I purchased a Dia del Muerte blank set for a Jr. series pen from someone here ( I think) and I am too old to remember who 🥴. I am in desperate need to find a another one or two sets to replace a pen I made for my daughter and her husband which was destroyed in the Lahaina fire (along with everything else they owned).

If anyone has any or knows who made them please send me a message.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

These are photos of the pen blanks I am looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 111

egnald

I captured some images of the whole pen, just the cap, and just part of the cap and did a Google search by image, but nothing turned up. I hope someone on IAP recognizes it and can help you out. Sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. It's been a long time since I was there. It's hard to believe that everything is gone. - Dave

walshjp17

I captured some images of the whole pen, just the cap, and just part of the cap and did a Google search by image, but nothing turned up. I hope someone on IAP recognizes it and can help you out. Sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. It's been a long time since I was there. It's hard to believe that everything is gone. - Dave
Thanks, Dave.

Curly

I have seen pen blanks of one sort or another on FB so looked. I found a post of yours from 2019 with one of your pictures. Your commentary says the blank was by Travis Wakefield. Further digging shows Classic Nib sold some. Does that help?

Brian G

Pete and David, you guys are awesome chasing that down. I was able to find images of the "Dia de los Muertos Painted Playing Card 2nd Edition By Edgy Brothers" but couldn't get much beyond that.

Looks like the card deck is a collector item, but might be available through ebay. If the original maker is not able to help, I bet you could arrange for a caster on this site to replicate it.

walshjp17

That goes to show you that as you age you tend to forget (lots of) things. You forget when (and where) you make things. You forget who you got things from. You forget you actually posted things. Many thanks, Curly, for recovering my memories.
I have seen pen blanks of one sort or another on FB so looked. I found a post of yours from 2019 with one of your pictures. Your commentary says the blank was by Travis Wakefield. Further digging shows Classic Nib sold some. Does that help?

walshjp17

Pete and David, you guys are awesome chasing that down. I was able to find images of the "Dia de los Muertos Painted Playing Card 2nd Edition By Edgy Brothers" but couldn't get much beyond that.

Looks like the card deck is a collector item, but might be available through ebay. If the original maker is not able to help, I bet you could arrange for a caster on this site to replicate it.
Thanks, Brian.

JohnU

John if he can't make them or doesn't have them let me know.I'd be happy to help you out. What I have is pictured below. They aren't exact but I think it's a version of that set you posted in different colors. The last card on the bottom is the back of them and would be the bottom tube.

Attachments

• IMG_6581.jpeg
    IMG_6581.jpeg
    885.4 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom