Full Review Delta Lathe Model 46-460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtj

Don't take those comments back there are "2" set screws

I take back all the nice things I said about Delta. I tried tried to take the face plate off of the spindle this morning AFTER loosing the set screw. Way too much resistance. I backed the face plate off about about 1/2" and see mashed threads and shavings. Not good. Somebody cross the threaded the spindle when they put the face plate on. Back to Woodcraft with the lathe this morning for another lathe. Disappointed to say the least.:frown:

WS, I know this is an old post but....

I nearly suffered the same problem, until I realized that there was a second set screw. Get them both out of the faceplate, before trying to unscrew that faceplate. They really wanted it to stay on with the ability to reverse the motor.

After 2 years, I believe it was one of the best tool purchases that I have made. Pens, lidded boxes, and one monster Oak bowl that was so wet and out of balance, the poor little stand was swaying back and forth, and so was I until it was roughed out to round.

FiskerTx

Service and Parts

Outstanding review. The tool looks great but when I read reviews there were a large number who had problem with this lathe (arrived damaged, etc.) and had a terrible experience with getting help from Delta. Some had been waiting months and still could not use it. I don't know about the rest of you but poor support and lack of parts is an absolute deal-killer for me.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
While you may read about some arriving damaged, one must remember that there are thousands that arrive perfect and are still running strong. My Delta is almost 3 years old and hasn't had any issues.

Top Bottom