Delta AP400 Dust UPDATE CHECK OUT HF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

howdy all

not sure if this is a good deal or not but.

The Delta AP400 Shopmaster Two Bag Dust Collection System is on sale at amazon for 169.00 plus 10% tools discount at checkout
with code JUNESAVTENPT
tempted to pick one up.
pete

EDIT
6/14/06
Eagle just let me know the 2hp HF is on sale for 179.
he says its better, sounds like a bigger and better deal.
off to HF....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45378

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Pete,

By all means buy it if budget permits. Check the filtration capacity of the bag, they can get expensive.

I bought a similar one locally (ShopFox 1-1/2 hp Dust Collector) and replaced the bag with this http://www.grizzly.com/products/g5556 for $19.95 you can't go wrong. I also replaced the lower bag with heavy duty plastic trash bag (contractor grade) since it is a major hassle to dispose dust when you have to re-bag it. Also, since I mill a lot of green wood...the wet dust will weaken the lower cloth filter super fast anyway (don't want to wait for it to burst).

Note that replacing the lower bag with plastic may reduce your CFM. Replacing the upper bag with smaller filtration capacity may again reduce the air flow. That said mine can still suck a pen blank right off the floor and into the bag no problem [;)]. Just hate the loud bang when the wood hits the impeller [:D].

I used to have a pre-filtration (trash) bin but disconnected it since it is leaking air too much. I might make one again later when I find a suitable container.

Good luck!!!

alamocdc

I picked up a single bag DC from Lowe's on closeout this past winter and need to change the bag out. Thanks for the info, Dario. I use a pre-collector made from my old Shopvac that died two months ago. Works like a charm![;)]

pete00

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I picked up a single bag DC from Lowe's on closeout this past winter and need to change the bag out. Thanks for the info, Dario. I use a pre-collector made from my old Shopvac that died two months ago. Works like a charm![;)]

Billy
Did you just put it inline to catch stuff ?

Dario

Pete,

I am not Billy but will chime in.

It is a pre-collector so yes, it will be placed before the inlet of the DC itself (before the impeller). What it does is collect all the bigger debris and only the ust will go throught the impeller to the bags.

It reallly is very nice to have one and as I said on my earlier post, I removed mine just because it is leaking air so much because I used a cheap trash bin [:D] and it cannot handle the vacuum and collapsing a bit by the lid.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Pete,

"Replacing the upper bag with smaller filtration capacity may again reduce the air flow."

Good luck!!!

Dario,

I know this sounds backward but new smaller micron bags will actually increase you CFM not reduce it. Just an FYI.

Ryan

Dario

Ryan,

Didn't know that. Thanks! Ain't technology great? [;)]

I know the canisters provide higher CFM and better filtration but the surface area is a lot more too because of the accordion type/zig-zag sides. Those are really nice but costs more than my DC itself!!! [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom