Decent Idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

This seems like a decent idea, especially folks like me whose bench doesn't have room on either side for a woodworkers' vice and who can't put one on the front (I've got rolling cabinets under the bench). But I feel like I could build the same thing with a few bucks' worth of t track an some plywood. Woodpeckers is great for stuff that requires a high level of precision and machining. But this thing that they offer seems a bit over-engineered to me. What am I missing?

jttheclockman

There are so many do it yourself tricks and jigs and alot are shown on utube. But mostly if you think outside the box you can come up with something. I know myself I work on a project and may have to invent jigs to clamp, cut things, build things and I am able to think on my feet and solve the problem. Just something that carried over from my days in the trades working as a construction electrician and all the situations we would get into. I have been exposed to many good woodworkers over the years as well as many tradespeople. Sure does play a role in what I do.

Top Bottom