Dayacom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sean777

I read the countless messages in our group yet thought I'd take swing at Dayacom. Well I'm thoroughly shocked but not surprised of the outcome. Their business model yet processing time on top of the MOQs is unbelievable. They have such incredible pen kits yet unobtainable and cannot locate a dealer with models desired in North America nor EU. Very disappointing overall!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dayacom offers a very wide selection.

We often have inquiries about a particular model where you, the penmaker, want to purchase that model.
Depending on the price of the kit, the MOQ is 300 or 500 (VERY high end MAY be 100). So, if you want 5 or so to try,
you are purchasing 1% of the number we need to purchase. Leaving us with 99% to try to sell. As a result, we purchase
the models we HOPE will sell.

If, instead, you are looking to purchase 100 or so, that would account for 20 to 40 % of what we have to purchase, we certainly
are willing to talk with you about a joint purchase.

Do remember Dayacom is in Taiwan. China MAY attack Taiwan at any moment. You pay for the merchandise when you order it.
Then you wait 60-90 days. If Taiwan is blockaded, you probably lose your entire investment. Food for thought!!!

Darios

Turner's Warehouse also carries a small number of Dayacom kits. For me their advantage is that they also carry Beaufort kits as well, which is another manufacturer I love

montmill

I think most pen kit manufactures design the pens in their home country and have them made where ever they can for the cheapest amount and still maintain their standards. There are some that are made in the USA like McKenzie. When Covid hit many companies scrambled to find manufacturing outside China. We are a world economy as much as we want to think otherwise.

sorcerertd

Been there, thought that, even asked about it.

Ed at Exotic Blanks does have quite a few kits that I haven't found elsewhere, and has gotten a few new styles in recently. (Pretty sure the Abraham is a newer offering and I don't recall seeing the Juno before today.) They seem to be the only shop around that is willing to try some new ones now and then. Some of the fancy kits are nice, but distract from any fancy work you might do on the barrels. Still, a nice burl is all you need to set off a fancy kit. It's just that those kits cost $50+.

Is it funny that when I type an "e" into the address bar, it auto populates with exoticblanks.com? My browser is definitely keeping tabs on me (ba-dum-tsss).

Top Bottom