Dawn needs to get a life

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cajun skeeter

In all the years that I have been ordering from the internet, I have never had an order filled and shipped on a Sunday, Mother's Day I made an order, expecting it to be process and shipped the following week. 10:00 PM I get an e-mail, saying my order has been shipped.
Dawn, your either a workaholic, bored to death, or a customer service fanatic, based on past experiences I think it may be the last one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

In all the years that I have been ordering from the internet, I have never had an order filled and shipped on a Sunday, Mother's Day I made an order, expecting it to be process and shipped the following week. 10:00 PM I get an e-mail, saying my order has been shipped.
Dawn, your either a workaholic, bored to death, or a customer service fanatic, based on past experiences I think it may be the last one

I'm sure there is an "Ed" joke in there somewhere.....but I like my Freebies too much to go ANY farther....:cool:

Tom

wizard

I'm sure there is an "Ed" joke in there somewhere.....but I like my Freebies too much to go ANY farther....:cool:

Tom

Ditto. Doc

pianomanpj

Larry, I believe all of those apply to Dawn and Ed (except bored to death)! Their commitment to customer service sets the bar extremely high for all vendors. Ed is constantly conducting surveys here on the IAP, and dawn is always working on something new. They always respond to feedback, both positive and negative, with an eye on how to make service and their business even better!

So to conclude this shameless plug for exoticblanks.com :rolleyes:, I would like to thank Ed and Dawn for their tireless efforts for keeping all of us wood-spinners as happy as possible. Thanks, guys! :biggrin:

wizard

All joking aside, Dawn and Ed are truly amazing couple when it comes to their ability to make a customer happy. I consider them friends more than just a business. Their filling and sending orders at all hours whether weekends or middle of the night is just a start. They go further by offering encouragement to new and veteran pen makers, advice on turning materials, collecting the most interesting blanks for us to select from, little surprises when least expected, the thoughtful nature of even the freebies they send, the personal notes on the invoices, taking phone calls when you need something fast, paying for express shipping at times when they know you need it, and even working with family members to provide surprise gifts.:) I can't even tell you all the little things they have done to put a smile on my face. All of the above is noticed and appreciated. I wish them the best in their endeavors. These are just facts that I am stating and if this is considered a shameless plug for them, so be it.
Regards, Doc

Last edited:

LanceD

You know Larry I received that same confirmation email last night. The sorry thing about that is that I know that I won't be able to turn any of my blanks for some time to come. I've ordered from them several times in the last couple of months and I've yet to make a pen from their great selection of blanks and their quick turnaround and service keeps me going back for more.

EarlD

I did the same thing with Smitty's yesterday (Mother's Day). Very surprised at the quick response - packed and ready to mail today!

Outstanding service.

Earl

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
What Doc said!

All joking aside, Dawn and Ed are truly amazing couple when it comes to their ability to make a customer happy. I consider them friends more than just a business. Their filling and sending orders at all hours whether weekends or middle of the night is just a start. They go further by offering encouragement to new and veteran pen makers, advice on turning materials, collecting the most interesting blanks for us to select from, little surprises when least expected, the thoughtful nature of even the freebies they send, the personal notes on the invoices, taking phone calls when you need something fast, paying for express shipping at times when they know you need it, and even working with family members to provide surprise gifts.:) I can't even tell you all the little things they have done to put a smile on my face. All of the above is noticed and appreciated. I wish them the best in their endeavors. These are just facts that I am stating and if this is considered a shameless plug for them, so be it.
Regards, Doc

omb76

Make that x3!

What Doc said!

Regards, Doc

askcheese

I ordered for the first time from Ed & Dawn last week.
I was extremely happy with the box that my postman left for me on Saturday....now I have to start making more writing instruments!
(I spent most of the weekend creating a heat exchange for brewing beer...then brewing a couple batches to make sure it worked properly...we'll find out in 6 weeks)

I really can't say just how impressed I was/am with the gang in Racine. I'll be ordering more in the future.

Chris

Rick P

Just added them to my resource list........customer service is a thing of the past for most companies, it will be really nice to talk to a phone rep who doesn't act like I am interrupting there day instead of the reason they have a job!

redbulldog

I have been customers of Dawn and Ed before they became "Exotic Blanks", I have nothing but praise for them in every respect, they have always treated me as I believe they like to be treated, with respect and compassion.
THANKS DAWN AND ED!!!!

Mapster

I also have nothing but good things to say about Ed and Dawn. They are always there and always ready to help any old kid that comes along in need of help with a difficult material. They are quick to send freebies and even faster to send your order. I will order from them for years to come hopefully.

Marshall

seamus7227

Make that x4!

Make that x3!

What Doc said!

Regards, Doc

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I should mention we are reading and seriously enjoying this thread. Thanks to all--Dawn will comment, but she's looked embarrased all day and keeps "Googling" "Get a life"!

toolcrazy

I agree with everything in this thread. What scares me is Dawn knows how to read minds. More than once I passed by a blank, trying to keep my order within reason (not easy to do) and more than once, I received that same blank as a Freebie Yippie. So you all better watchout and think good things about Dawn.

Oh yeah, that is what this thread is about. Thinking good things about Dawn. :)

Woodlvr

"I should mention we are reading and seriously enjoying this thread. Thanks to all--Dawn will comment, but she's looked embarrassed all day and keeps "Googling" "Get a life"!"

ED- BE AFRAID- BE VERY AFRAID- :wink: :biggrin:

sbwertz

I ordered for the first time from Ed & Dawn last week.
I was extremely happy with the box that my postman left for me on Saturday....now I have to start making more writing instruments!
(I spent most of the weekend creating a heat exchange for brewing beer...then brewing a couple batches to make sure it worked properly...we'll find out in 6 weeks)

I really can't say just how impressed I was/am with the gang in Racine. I'll be ordering more in the future.

Chris

Want to trade some blanks for some home brew?

whegge

I am one of the fortunate one's that lives close to Ed and Dawn and let me tell you, they are ALWAYS welcoming and working! I have shown up at their place at 6:30pm on a Wednesday and have not left until 8pm and they have always been gracious. So with that being said:

Ed and Dawn,

I usually do not post. Mainly because I still feel a newbie to this craft. The amount of help and guidance you both give is remarkable. Many of the freebies you have given me (and I suspect everyone else here) in the past make me try new kits or techniques. Most have turned out good.

Thank you.

P.S. I have not forgotten the blanks you have given me and told me to turn and then post here. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get that done. I finally think I can take decent pictures.

Top Bottom