Dart sellers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I've been making a few dart kits lately. Thought I'd share a few sets I made. I've never made them before so hopefully they sell well.

Anyone have an idea of what dart sets sell for? I have a case for each set as well and made a couple little dart holder things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-195439_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-195439_Gallery.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_20220523-195457_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-195457_Gallery.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I was just curious if you threw any of your darts. Quite a few years ago, I made a set for my son as a gift. While they looked great he thought they had too much flutter. I did have them weighted down with weights that came with the kit. Some day I'll have time to experiment and see what I did wrong. I know others haven't had this problem.

Seven

I've only made 4 sets of darts... they are all sold, but it did take a few weeks to market them...
one set from ebony, two sets from deer antler and another that I gave to my daughter for her husband from cocobolo or similar wood.
Not much of a dart player, but I did toss them across the shop to see how they flew... most were weighted at about 23 grams.
Back when I was selling them (around 2005) I didn't know how to price them either and think I sold them for around $40 per set...
which now I think was under priced.

Joebobber

I was just curious if you threw any of your darts. Quite a few years ago, I made a set for my son as a gift. While they looked great he thought they had too much flutter. I did have them weighted down with weights that came with the kit. Some day I'll have time to experiment and see what I did wrong. I know others haven't had this problem.

Seven
No I haven't tried them on a dart board but i gotta admit that I tossed 1 or 2 at the couch. I added weight to a few of the kits I made, but these ones i left alone. My dart player friend told me she thought the weights started around 16 grams, so the heaviest set I made was 20 grams. I figured you can always add weight to them.

DBDanger

I've been making a few dart kits lately. Thought I'd share a few sets I made. I've never made them before so hopefully they sell well.

Anyone have an idea of what dart sets sell for? I have a case for each set as well and made a couple little dart holder things.

While I have no input on pricing, I'd have to be very well compensated to make more darts. It was so time consuming for me to get each dart exactly the same dimensions. Part of it is my obscene attention to detail that won't leave something alone, even if it is a detail so minuscule that no one will ever notice besides me.

Seven

I just made a couple sets for a christmas gift last year. They were weighted to match what most of the competitive dart throwers use. I also found that they were a little fluttery. I think they were a little front heavy. Bigger flights helped for sure. I think most of it is a matter of learning to throw a dart that is weighted differently than consumer darts.

-Danger

Joebobber

Oh I should probably admit that I used 2 different stars blanks. I had them glued up and tubes glued in before I noticed the difference! 😆

Funny story, I'm not a dart player, but back in about 1985 I worked for a company in Houston that did import brokerage and export forwarding.... I was the export manager/staff and one of my vendors was British Airways. They were having an open house event at a local golf clubhouse with free beer and darts.... I went for the beer, intending to schmooze with the airline rep (she was a buxomous lady but married ) and then head home... she was putting together a team for a dart game and needed one more player... she convinced me to join and play, and since it was free beer, I complied.... when the tournament was over, I discovered that I had won and still have the little silver cup to prove it. Evidently beer helps in dart throwing. :)

Joebobber

Funny story, I'm not a dart player, but back in about 1985 I worked for a company in Houston that did import brokerage and export forwarding.... I was the export manager/staff and one of my vendors was British Airways. They were having an open house event at a local golf clubhouse with free beer and darts.... I went for the beer, intending to schmooze with the airline rep (she was a buxomous lady but married ) and then head home... she was putting together a team for a dart game and needed one more player... she convinced me to join and play, and since it was free beer, I complied.... when the tournament was over, I discovered that I had won and still have the little silver cup to prove it. Evidently beer helps in dart throwing. :)
It also helps in bowling and softball.

WriteON

They should sell on looks alone. I'd price them upwards. Don't short change yourself. Tell the buyer they are for fun not a professional or competition set.

Top Bottom