pete00

The first person i thought of was Dario off in the woods
chopping down trees........

Dario
im really...really...really sorry about this:D[}:)]:D[}:)]:D

20061016204442_oops.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I've seen this pic at various sites...still make me cringe everytime I see it.

Good that the guy still managed to smile, or is it only my imagination? [:D]

BTW...no apologies needed. I am actually smiling too [:p]

beamer

Now i know trees are quite heavy ... but could one that size REALLY squash that chevy like that? Seems the truck should have fared at least a little better, to me :p

chitswood

Originally posted by beamer
<br />Now i know trees are quite heavy ... but could one that size REALLY squash that chevy like that? Seems the truck should have fared at least a little better, to me :p
Sure, but I doubt he cut it down with his car parked that close, he is probably getting rid of the tree after a storm or whatever knocked it down.
Or.... he's just not thinking right[}:)], and that would also explain him smiling.

melogic

Jason,
You said it "Chevy". They really can and should be squashed! [:D] Had that been a Ford Truck, that tree would have broke into a million splinters, and the truck would not have even had a scratch on it! [;)][:p] (all in fun)

NavyDiver

It's amazing how much damage a falling tree can cause. Living in a hurricane prone area makes a body appreciate what kind of damage a large tree can do. When Hurricane Isabele roared thru Va Beach a few years ago, there was a ranch style house in our neighborhood that was literally cut in half. A 120 foot pine fell right thru the middle. Mom and Dad were in a bedroom at one end and the kids were in a bedroom at the other end when the tree fell. The dad had to climb out his bedroom window and go around the damage to get into the other end of the house. Makes me glad I don't have any tall trees in the yard (or in the next door neighbor's yard).

Tangboy5000

Look at the size of the trunk compared to the door for some size reference. We're talking tons of weight here, that could easily do that to the truck if left to fall on it.

Dario

Charles,

A lot of people don't know the real weight of logs...especially fresh/wet ones.

You should see me wrestle 36" diameter logs chipping through it so just I can get manageable pieces. (picture a skinny pig in the mud LOL...not pretty right?) Most of the time I have to get 18" - 30" long piece only then quartered lengthwise. Even at that, some pieces still weigh 150 pounds or so.

May not be much to some...but that weigh more than me and when you are tired...it feels like twice that. [xx(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom