Daisy Chaining Vacuum Chambers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all,

I want to look in to daisy chaining two stabilizing chambers.

I use the Bacoeng kit from Amazon UK.

I believe I need to replace the muffler/surpressor with a 1/2" NPT to 7/16" JIC fitting to accomodate the hose provided with the pot.

Should I be including a sump between both pots and then from the first pot to the vacuum chamber? How would I go about this?

i.e. vacuum pump ---> sump ---> ball valve in 1 ---> ball valve out 1 ---> sump ---> ball valve in 2 ---> ball valve out 2

I hope i'm making sense,

Cheers in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

sump is not necessary, just remove the vacuum break filter (muffler/suppressor?) from pot #1 and connect to pot #2 normal vacuum pump connection. You double your potential for leaks, but other than that it should be just fine. Will take a little longer to pull vacuum, but much of the wait is for the air to work its way out of the wood so my guess is that it wont take that much longer.

MRDucks2

Just as Sam said. I had a system hooked up like this for nearly a year with a smaller chamber in front of a larger one. If I ran a large batch in the big chamber, the smaller one acted as a sump/overflow/safety or whatever you want to call it. Otherwise I would set up multiple batches in each chamber and vacuum away.

Note 2 things: you are pulling more air out so you could have a slight delay before you see the vacuum guage moving depending on pump size. Second, if you aren't pulling vacuum I found the most likely source of the leak would be one of the lids. Just jockey them around a little of put a hand on each to push them flat and it may be fine.

One issue I had yesterday was getting the damn fittings off the pressure pot. The 1/4" to 7/16" JIC fitting just would not budge.

I would think you could use a tee and run a separate vacuum hose to each chamber instead of daisy chaining them.

I don't know why I hadn't considered that.

I think there are less items on the shopping if I daisy chain them, just an adapter to connect the pipe provided with the vacuum chamber.

Found these charging hoses which are 1/4" SAE and look identical to the bacoeng kit, if I do decide to T off the pump I guess they would be suitable (Link here https://amzn.to/3gFx7pw)

Last edited:

greenacres2

Is that a set up like vacuum pump in to the block, ball valve on each output and then pipe from each output to inlet of chamber?

Exactly. Here's a picture of the Turn-Tex manifold i ended up with https://www.turntex.com/4-port-manifold-detail Individual parts that had quality parts (lots of manifold blocks on the USA auction site--with many complaints of air seeping). By the time i would have put my own kit together, i paid Turn-Tex an extra $15 or $20 and had just one place to go if there were any component/valve issues. I have two of Curtis' chambers plus an old vacuum oven that i use, the manifold allows me to use each as an independent unit. Overkill for my hobby--but i don't spend money on golf!! I don't know if Curtis ships international, but the components should be pretty accessible.
earl

Top Bottom