Cuban Mahogany Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

krinkncrank

Genuine Cuban Mahogany (Swietania mahagoni), cut into 20mm square, 200mm long pen blanks. Straight grained, dense material with the characteristic white flecking.

Wood has air dried for 40 years, and originated in the Florida Keys. According to Clayton Mell's book True Mahogany (USDA Agricultural bulletin No. 474, February 1917), the Florida Key's were the northernmost extent of the growth area for Cuban Mahogany, and the wood from the Keys, growing in 'hammocks', was the hardest and heaviest of all Cuban Mahogany, and had the shortest wood fiber length. It works and turns extremely well.

The wood from the Keys was once also called Madeira Wood. The material I have has tight growth rings, and is about 50% heavier than Honduran Mahogany.

I have a good supply of this material, and do have some spalted stock if anyone is interested, and could provide custom sizes too if requested. No sapwood, no bug holes or cracks present.

Pen blanks are priced at $7.50/each, or less if ordered in quantity.

Attachments

• P3170002.jpg
    P3170002.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 335
  • P3170003.jpg
    P3170003.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 277

krinkncrank

Okay, I'd sell 4 pieces for $27.50

if that works for you, please message me with your contact info and your preferred means to pay. I do accept Paypal, or check if drawn on a US bank. USPS money order, or Squarecash also work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom