CSUSA new website and prices increase by about 30% and some cases more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

I purchased Black Ti Zens in Sept. for $15.71 and today they are $39.00. I was going to purchase there Artisan Mini Lathe just before Christmas for $998.00 and now $1362.00. Also purchased Artisan chrome sketch pencils in Sept. $9.71 and today they are $18.00.

So Rob, these prices are all new. Steampunk Bolts jumped from the fall from $34.00 to $47.00 but PSI price are still $34.00

Then tack on another 40 points for the Canadian Dollar and another 13% HST tax, going to make it even tougher to sell a pen these days.

Last edited:

donstephan

Most likely the company is well aware how such price increases will be received, and does so only because their cost of doing business has increased. Cost of raw materials increase gets bumped all along the chain, shipping, processing raw material, shipping, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, handling, Then include increase in property tax, wages, business taxes insurance, . . . If they don't print a catalog, can manage smaller price increases monthly or quarterly, and cost of producing catalog no doubt have risen as well.

d_bondi

I purchased Black Ti Zens in Sept. for $15.71 and today they are $39.00. I was going to purchase there Artisan Mini Lathe just before Christmas for $998.00 and now $1362.00. Also purchased Artisan chrome sketch pencils in Sept. $9.71 and today they are $18.00.

So Rob, these prices are all new. Steampunk Bolts jumped from the fall from $34.00 to $47.00 but PSI price are still $34.00

Then tack on another 40 points for the Canadian Dollar and another 13% HST tax, going to make it even tougher to sell a pen these days.
I wonder if the site is seeing your location and pricing in CAD? I note this because when I look up the Zen in Black TI, I get $27.95, converting to CAD by todays exchange rate that is about $37.48. Found roughly the same for the Artisan Chrome Sketch Pencil.

Silverado

I wonder if the site is seeing your location and pricing in CAD? I note this because when I look up the Zen in Black TI, I get $27.95, converting to CAD by todays exchange rate that is about $37.48. Found roughly the same for the Artisan Chrome Sketch Pencil.
That's possible David. Old site never did that but I will check that out. Thanks for the info.

jttheclockman

Their Henry Taylor 3/4" skew has been sold out for awhile now. Could imagine when they get back in what the price will be. need to shop around. I always like to have a spare on hand. Been awhile since I bought one.

hippi

I understand that prices do go up because of supply but this IS ALL GREEDY CSUSA WILL NOT BE BUYING FROM THEM

duncsuss

I understand that prices do go up because of supply but this IS ALL GREEDY CSUSA WILL NOT BE BUYING FROM THEM
Did you read the post where it was acknowledged that because Silverado is in Canada, the prices are converted to Canadian Dollars? So a chunk of the "increase" is actually down to the exchange rate?

Woodchipper

Never bought from this company. Anytime a business raises prices, it is termed greedy. Anyone compare prices now and from three years ago? I recall a new Cadillac in 1965 cost about $4500; now about $45K.

Top Bottom