Cheer CSUSA - Box of maple burl blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Added a box of maple burl blanks to my order and glad I did. 5lb box is $30, I got 10 blanks, 2 are 1.25" sq, most 1.5"-1.75", great to cut into pen blanks or use for shaving brushes, and one 2.25" sq x 3.5" long, perfect for a little box. The others are from 4" to 8.25" long. I got my order in a few days and at $3/ea I thinks it's a great deal.
73C76D92-0EB1-4B48-9D23-9A0F4F022E54.jpeg

KenB259

They are gorgeous. I always hesitate buying burl because I never know if it can be used without being stabilized. Something I'm thinking about getting into, but haven't convinced myself yet that I have a need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

They are gorgeous. I always hesitate buying burl because I never know if it can be used without being stabilized. Something I'm thinking about getting into, but haven't convinced myself yet that I have a need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

I agree. Fortunately I have a vacuum setup so that's not an issue. If you're going to be using a lot of burls or pine cones & other organic stuff in resin it's something to look into as stabilized wood and those types of blanks can cost quite a bit more than regular blanks. It takes a lot of stabilizing yourself to offset the cost but I just look at it as an extension of the hobby. If you don't do much with those types of blanks it's probably better just to buy them.

Top Bottom