CSUSA: Awesome customer service!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic Greco

I just wanted to report that customer service is alive and well in the USA. Specifically Craft Supplies USA.

Long story short: On Sept 9th I ordered the 15/32" drill shaft, 3/4" barrel trimmer, and 27/64" drill shaft in the hopes of using it to trim several Jr. Gent pens I've been making. 3 1/2 weeks later, the package never shows. Call CSUSA, and they re-fill the order at no charge to me. Score one for them.

BTW, the original package DID show up several days later. But EMPTY with a note from the post office telling me that they really feel bad about all this. But the contents were lost (or damaged) in transit. Go figure.

However, when I go to use the 15/32" drill shaft (without first seeing if it will fit in a spare tube of course), it catches on the side wall of the 1/2" tube, blows up the blank, and rips the tube to shreds. So I try it again on a test piece and the same thing happens. It turns out that the shaft DOES NOT fit inside the tube (as I was told by the CSUSA Tech who took my order on 9/12).

So today I call CSUSA and talk to a Tech there named "Roger". He listens to all this and without missing a beat has already processing the paperwork to get me (2) new brass tube sets, and (2) replacement blanks for FREE. I am informed by CSUSA that the tolerances on those drill shafts vary more towards the minus. But sometimes they drift to the plus side. Bad news for me.

Roger suggests that I use the adapter CSUSA sells in lieu of the drill shaft. (Basically you drill a 7mm hole in the adapter, then turn it between centers to a diameter that will fit in the brass tube.) He throws in a couple of these as well.

Now THAT is what I call customer service!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

I recently, in the last few days, have had the pleasure of receiving fabulous service from CSUSA as well. Nils is the one that got me back on the straight and narrow. However, I have had nothing but fantastic service from everyone I've ever dealt with. Thanks again Nils and everyone at CSUSA for everything you do!

Scott

If you ever get a chance to stop by their store, these are some of the nicest people around! And they have some of the coolest toys to play with! [:D]

Bravo, CSUSA!

Scott.

nilsatcraft

It's always awesome to see a thread like this. I printed this off and showed it to our customer service team and Roger so they could see the nice things being said about them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom