CS Ligero vs El Grande ve Delta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Couln't help myself. I just had to make one of these last night before I leave town for the weekend. No will power to stay out of the shop.

The Ligero is from CS and is a plantinum finish in crushed silver inlace. Very simular to the El Grande, same clip and cap style. I like the trim on both. The only difference is the cap does not post on the Ligero, the end cap is just a touch larger to keep it from posting. But looks good with the larger cap end. If you discard the end & turn your onw end, then you can post the cap.

Photo two, when I was writing with the Legero it struck me as being very simular in style to this Delta ( orange )pen, Dolte Vita . Which is a capless roller. The pen looks better without the cap. More modern. When I return, I plan on cutting a different style cap vs the the big boxy style.

20041112145339_DSC00811.jpg

2004111214544_DSC00815.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Anthony your Ligero turned out really nice. I like these kits a lot and they are indeed very similar to the El Grande which I also like. I did a gold Ligero yesterday with a teal died spalted birch stabilized blank that that I bought from Steve at River Ridge Products. I also sent 35 blanks to Steve to get them stabilized I've been so happy with his blanks. Photo's later today.

Wayne

PenWorks

Wayne, I got two coats of the new poly on my pen base last night & WOW ! Thanks for the tip. I think if I put a sail on it and threw it in the pool the finsish would still be there in a month. Anthony

wayneis

Anthony I agree, that poly really does turn out a very fine finish. I do believe that you also will like the longevity of the finish. I ranks right up there with CA, maybe even better because it is not as brittle. Have you done the final sanding with MM? I just really like the shine and depth of this stuff [8D]

Wayne

PenWorks

Wayne, I did one MM sanding, then recoated. I am doing it on some flat work. When I get back, I plan on going threw the MM & a buff. Fred, this is the Enduro water poly. Anthony

Scott

Anthony,

That Delta looks like a mutant cross between a Patriot pen and an El Grande! Very familiar for a couple of reasons! Nice job on the Ligero, especially the one where you turned your own end. Nicey nice!

Scott.

PenWorks

Thanks Scott, the top one was an El Grande kit, with black palm cap & cocobolo bottom, I was trying to show how simular the two kits were, the bottom is the Ligero. Really just the band desing and end caps are the difference. Didn't bother to check the tube size. I think cap is the same size, but the bottom, is slightly different size tube.

Fred, your right, that Delta is on my card along with my Julius Caesar red fountain pen in the middle. I love a capless roller ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom