Crosscut Cocobola

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from emsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsmith

First completed crosscut cocobola pen. The previous three blew up on the lathe. Turned with using 1 inch and 1/2 inch skews, sanded to MM12000, buffed tripoli and white diamond, crystal coat (4 coats) then buffed again.

The top of this pen is really dark, I tried to lighten the picture using picasa but it really wasn't effective in bringing out the details.

Comments/criticism welcome.:)

2005510184726_Cocobola%20Pen%20002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice... I have to honestly say that is one of the first modified shape slimelines that I really like... most of the modified shaped don't do a lot for me... that one is a winner...
Please.. those of you who do modified slimlines, do not take that as an offense.. it is just my conservative tastes... if you look at my stuff.. I do them all "by the book".. rarely more than a slight bulge in my Barons and Jr Gents..

atvrules1

Very nice job Eric. I really like the design you have come up with. I'm sure the cocobola looks great, what little I can see is nice. The darker pens are difficult to photograph.

rtgleck

Nice work Eric, good looking pen you made there. Would be cool if you can get a shot of the upper part of the pen to see the difference. Congrats on a Job well done.

ilikewood

Eric, That is one really good design...has a little of Ed D's look, but different. Nice and creative! You've added a nice touch of your own design.

If you try and turn angle cut Cocobolo instead of cross cut, you will have just as beautiful a look without so many blow ups. It will save you a bunch of money in the long run (and considering how many of us are always in the doghouse for spending too much, that is a good thing)[:)]

PS- not trying to offend our own beloved "Doghouse" here[:D]

emsmith

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />Eric, That is one really good design...has a little of Ed D's look, but different. Nice and creative! You've added a nice touch of your own design.

If you try and turn angle cut Cocobolo instead of cross cut, you will have just as beautiful a look without so many blow ups. It will save you a bunch of money in the long run (and considering how many of us are always in the doghouse for spending too much, that is a good thing)[:)]

PS- not trying to offend our own beloved "Doghouse" here[:D]
Thank you. I am a big admirer of Ed D's work. I'll definitely try some angle cut.

emsmith

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Very nice... I have to honestly say that is one of the first modified shape slimelines that I really like... most of the modified shaped don't do a lot for me... that one is a winner...
Please.. those of you who do modified slimlines, do not take that as an offense.. it is just my conservative tastes... if you look at my stuff.. I do them all "by the book".. rarely more than a slight bulge in my Barons and Jr Gents..
Thank you. I usually try and stay closer to smoother shapes but every once in a while like to see if I can incorporate some beads and coves for variety and skill development. This pen is a little top heavy, but still useable.

". . .if you look at my stuff ..." Your kidding right? I make sure I look at every post you put up, your work sets a standard to strive for and is always full of helpful information.

emsmith

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />Excellent! The design/shape is innovative and very well done. All-round, a super job.
Thank you. I am big fan of your work, and as a couple of people have pointed out your influence is definitely present.

emsmith

Originally posted by rtgleck
<br />Nice work Eric, good looking pen you made there. Would be cool if you can get a shot of the upper part of the pen to see the difference. Congrats on a Job well done.
Thank you.

I've been away from the camera for a couple of days, I will try for a better shot of the upper barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom