Critique from Jewelry Store owner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Howdy

Wanted to share what just happened in case you want to try.
Depending on how I feel, the products I make are either works of art or pieces of junk. The same item could be both depending on when I ask myself how my work is.

So I said, who do I know that has an expert eye on craftsmanship and knows a little about precious metals. The answer, the Jewelry store I buy my wife’s goodies at.

He has some really fine Jewelry, or I should say now my wife has. So I grabbed my Statesman( ill try to put link to picture here) and off I go. I can’t tell him right of the bat that I made it. So I go in and say “ hi got a question for you, what is Rohdium and is it really good. “ He tells me and ask why I want to know.

I say taking my pen out of pocket, this pen is made from that and 22k gold what do you think of the look and quality of the trim. He said it looks good. I said try writing with it how’s it feel, he said write great.

He says where did you get it. I said I found this little old Italian guy who hand crafts them. He said how much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking. I said well they start at around 100.00 and go up from there. He said the very reasonable for that.

Then I say yes but the best part is that I’m the little old Italian guy that made it.

No…..really…..Yup...…wow, how.. i mean I didn know people could make those.

So I tell him the story of how we make these things, and say now I going to try and find some stores to sell them in. yes its coming…..

He says well if you want you can sell them here, my turn to say really ? He say sure it looks good and I got the room.

So we talked a while about engraving, and maybe he could add gems to the pen, cost of Pens, finding the right retail price and so on.

So as im leaving he says your going to get back to me right… I say sure will.:D:D:D

So......who do you know that has a fine eye………
pete

Heres the pen.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13284

alamocdc

Sounds great, Pete. I'm hapy for you. I already tried that with our jeweler. He's clearing out a few Cross equivalents (I can't remember the brand name) because they never sold well and wasn't at all interested in what I had to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom