Couple of Click pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

The Kits are from Berea. The top one is made from Cocobolo and the bottom one is Black Ebony. I don't know if the bushing for this kit is sized wrong or I just got bad ones, but I had to file 3 of the four bushings just to get them to go inside the tubes. The one I didn't file, I forced in and then the center coupler wasn't tight enough, so I had to glue it, to keep it from coming apart. I also had one bad clicker that I thru out. I really like Berea, they have been really good to me, but I'm not crazy about this kit, the pens look nice, but I think they need to improve the kit a little. Or, maybe I just got a bad one, to early to tell just yet. I ordered 10 of these, so time will tell. :)
ClickPens.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Great looking pens R.T. I have not had good luck with any of the click style pens. They don't last as long as the twist style pens. I quit making click pens alltogether.

WoodChucker

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I won't be buying anymore then. Are some better then others or are they all junk? Wonder what the problem is, it doesn't seem like it should be all that difficult to make one that would hold up. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Thanks again!

R.T.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
RT...it's a simple rule of engineering. There are more moving parts in a click pen, so there are more things to go wrong...imprecise tooling all the way to wear and tear. When we get the Board elected, we're really going to have to start having serious, constructive dialogs with our suppliers. [8D]

VOTE! NOW! THANKS!

Doghouse

To tell the truth, I just made another order of T-handle stoppers from PSI. They have changed manufacturers and it is a much better kit now. I will get back to everyone when it is tested.

Back on topic, they do look like a couple of nice pens I like cocobolo a lot, it is just hard as rocks when turning a bowl or platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom