County fair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Well, I have been very disappointed with the performance of the county fair. I was expecting steady traffic, and we haven't gotten it, and none of the crafters are doing very well at all. Yesterday was my third day there, and up until about 8pm, I had just made enough to break even on my booth fee ($115). Then about 9pm, I had someone come through that was absolutely in love with my work. She, her husband and daughter all bought bowls, then she couldn't leave without my walnut and purpleheart blanket chest, so we haggled over that for awhile, and she bought that (there is a picture of this chest on my website). Meanwhile, there was a guy waiting in the background, listening to everything we talked about, that had to have my cedar chest. So I sold that as well. In the course of about 45 minutes, I went from a complete bust to an almost successful show. I say almost, because I am still not happy with the money in total for a 4 day show. When all is said and done, my wife and I will have about 31 hours of manning a booth. $1K is not a good number for a part time work week for two people. I have been told that today will be the best sales day. I hope that's true. But is does help that I had those sales last night. Giving up that walnut chest was like giving up one of my children, though.

Yarael

Good luck with the sales. Im debating if I want to do a booth this year at the fair here or not. Think will wait till next year when I have more time to prep for it.

Woodnknots

well, final cash count is about $1100. Not a bust, but not a great show, either. I think most of it was because of the location of the tent. We were well off the beaten path, compared to when we looked into it last year, and it was right near the entrance to the fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom