Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Argo13

Contests -posted in casual conversations

There will be 3 contest at this years MPG

1. Ballpoint- any ball point (slimline, Cigar, Sierra, etc). No modification permitted.
2. RB/FP- modifications and customs allowed.
3. Blank making Bonaza- Complete any commercially available pen kit (Ballpoint or RB/FP) with a blank made 100% by you. Can included casting, tube on or color cast, segmenting, others. No CNCblanks.

General rules

Pen must be completed by the solely by the participant. Participant must be in attendance.
Pen may be entered in only one contest.
Pen Maker may only enter 1 pen per contest but may enter all 3 contest.
Registration will be Friday afternoon and Saturday Morning.
Winners of the three contest will be from voting of those in attendance.
Identity of pen maker will not be disclosed till after voting has ended.
A Best in show contest will also be judged by a panel of Judges

m4skinner

are the contest set ? there was a question on the gather tread about what the contests are.
I didn't see anywhere they was posted.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
i received this inquiry via the website. I personally do not see why the pen can't be filled with ink, or why the questions even needed to asked for that matter, but thought I'd run it past you guys, especially Jason since I am not the contest guy.

"In regards to the RB/FP pen competitionon - is it OK to have the fountain pen loaded with ink for a competition or is it a no-no? The last two times I have not loaded the pen with ink, but I was tossing it around this time."

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I can't see why it would matter; nobody expects the RB or BP pens to not have a refill.

OK by me to be inked.

i received this inquiry via the website. I personally do not see why the pen can't be filled with ink, or why the questions even needed to asked for that matter, but thought I'd run it past you guys, especially Jason since I am not the contest guy.

"In regards to the RB/FP pen competitionon - is it OK to have the fountain pen loaded with ink for a competition or is it a no-no? The last two times I have not loaded the pen with ink, but I was tossing it around this time."

m4skinner

unless they are afraid the FP will leak.

Top Bottom