contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I was wondering the same thing. I want to keep adding information to the Facebook Page. It is a little early to actively solicit vendors for prizes but if we could start filling in contests, vendors, etc that might help keep an interest building.

Argo13

Feedback Wanted

Thought we could do some of the following. I think no more than 5 contest total. We could go with basic contest like last year. ( Bob was very successful with them last year)

Slimline
Ballpoint
RB/FP, no mods
RP/FP, mods and kitless

But I have also thought doing contest that would highlight blank making

Segmenting
Casting color blanks
Tube on casting

My only concern with these is there is no way to be sure it is there own work.

Please give me your feedback and what you would like to see.

Jason

mbroberg

I think a blank making contest would be fine. Really, even with the pen contests, there is no way we can tell if the entries are the work of the contestant or not.

Argo13

Contest

Ok guys here is what I have

4 contests

1. Ballpoint- any ball point. Only one modification permitted.
2. RB/FP - no modifications allowed
3. RB/FP- modifications and customs allowed.
4. Blank making Bonaza- must be made by penmaker. Can included casting, tube on or color cast, segmenting, others. No CNCblanks.

A better registration to allow anonymous voting. Winners of each popular vote. I'll figure out a tie breaker before hand.

I was thinking about a best in show, that would tie the winner of that to the IAP collection. I was thinking of a panel to judge.

Jason

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Looks good to me also. Remember last year I had lined areas for each type and they all got messed up. You need a way to keep them all straight so the judges know what they're looking at.

mbroberg

Is it OK to post these rules as is on Facebook or are you intending to expand on these rules in any fashion?

Argo13

Mike her is what I came up with. feel free to make changes you think are appropriate.

Jason

MPG Contest

General rules

Pen must be completed by the solely by the participant.
Pen may be entered in only one contest.
Pen Maker may only enter 1 pen per contest but may enter all 4 contest.
Registration will be Friday afternoon and Saturday Morning.
Winners of the four contest will be from voting of those in attendance.
Identity of pen maker will not be disclosed till after voting has ended.
A Best in show contest will also be judged by a panel of Judges

1. Ballpoint- any ball point (slimline, Cigar, Sierra, etc). Only one modification permitted.
2. RB/FP - no modifications allowed
3. RB/FP- modifications and customs allowed. Show use
4. Blank making Bonaza- Complete any commercially available pen kit (Ballpoint or RB/FP) with a blank made 100% by you. Can included casting, tube on or color cast, segmenting, others. No CNCblanks.

Prizes will be awarded yo the winners.

mbroberg

Mike her is what I came up with. feel free to make changes you think are appropriate. Jason MPG Contest General rules Pen must be completed by the solely by the participant. Pen may be entered in only one contest. Pen Maker may only enter 1 pen per contest but may enter all 4 contest. Registration will be Friday afternoon and Saturday Morning. Winners of the four contest will be from voting of those in attendance. Identity of pen maker will not be disclosed till after voting has ended. A Best in show contest will also be judged by a panel of Judges 1. Ballpoint- any ball point (slimline, Cigar, Sierra, etc). Only one modification permitted. 2. RB/FP - no modifications allowed 3. RB/FP- modifications and customs allowed. Show use 4. Blank making Bonaza- Complete any commercially available pen kit (Ballpoint or RB/FP) with a blank made 100% by you. Can included casting, tube on or color cast, segmenting, others. No CNCblanks. Prizes will be awarded yo the winners.

Ok thanks. I'll get them posted on Facebook in a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom