Contest entry form URLs--Updated...please read last post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Hey guys,

I am diligently working on the contest entry forms. I had to re-install the form software and then had issues so I had to basically re-build all of the forms. I was hoping to be able to use the old ones and just make changes but, like most website things I have been working on lately, it was just not so!

Anyway, here are the ones I have done so far. If you are the contest chair, please look them over carefully to make sure I have all the info you need. Also, PLEASE make sure I have the name of your contest exactly like you will be announcing it. I hate inconsistency and want it to be right. I will add more URLs to this thread as they are available.

Please test the form to make sure it works properly. I do NOT have the e-mail set up yet so you will NOT receive any e-mails but the form submission should work properly and you should be redirected to a success page. Let me know if you run into any issues.

The Intermediate Beautiful Pen Contest

The Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest

The Beginner Beautiful Pen Contest

The Youth Beautiful Pen Contest

The 4th Annual Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

The Intermediate and Beginners looks great. The only thing is that I've posted that only 2 pictures allowed. The entry form allows 3. Is that something that can be changed? If not no biggie and I'll have my contest post edited.

toddlajoie

I ran a test post which worked fine, but did not receive an e-mail, should it be sending them to me?

todd(dot)lajoie(at)bhs(dot)org

OR

todd(dot)lajoie(at)baystatehealth(dot)org

Only gave it about 5 minutes, so if it's running slow and you are sure it's working, it may show up in a little while...

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The Intermediate and Beginners looks great. The only thing is that I've posted that only 2 pictures allowed. The entry form allows 3. Is that something that can be changed? If not no biggie and I'll have my contest post edited.

No problem making the change. I tried wading through all the posts with what folks needed but may have missed some. That's why I posted this for you to check for your specific contest. Will make the changes shortly. A couple of simple clicks and it will be done!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is from my original post above:)
Please test the form to make sure it works properly. I do NOT have the e-mail set up yet so you will NOT receive any e-mails but the form submission should work properly and you should be redirected to a success page. Let me know if you run into any issues.

I ran a test post which worked fine, but did not receive an e-mail, should it be sending them to me?

todd(dot)lajoie(at)bhs(dot)org

OR

todd(dot)lajoie(at)baystatehealth(dot)org

Only gave it about 5 minutes, so if it's running slow and you are sure it's working, it may show up in a little while...

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, All forms have been updated with the appropriate e-mail address I believe. Please test each of your contest forms to make sure you are getting the entries. A couple things to keep in mind.

You will receive one e-mail to the address you enter in the form when testing. This is what the participant will receive as a receipt of their entry and proof of their entry should something go wrong. This is a new feature this year that I did not have last year.

You will also receive an e-mail to the address shown on the list below. This is what the entry e-mail you will receive as the contest chair will look like. Note that the pictures come in as attachments. Also note that this e-mail only contains the IAP username, real name, and contest info. This info is already required to be in the member's profile in order to participate in the bash. It does NOT include address, e-mail address, etc. I did this on purpose to better comply with the promise that personal information will only be shared as a need to know basis.

Once your contest has ended and you let me know, I will send you a report with the complete information for the winners so you have that to pass on to distribute prizes.

Here is a list of the e-mail address I have assigned for each contest. Please look to make sure yours is correct and that I have the correct addresses for the correct contest.

If you see anything else on your entry form that you would like changed, please let me know and I will make it happen. It is easy to make changes now that I have them done so please don't hesitate to ask!

attachment.php

Attachments

• contest chair e-mail.jpg
    contest chair e-mail.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 136

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Antler bone and horn worked perfectly. Received both emails.
Can someone now edit my post to insert a link in this line - ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED VIA THE ENTRY LINK HERE WILL BE ELIGIBLE. - to the submission form?

toddlajoie

Mine works

It's a bit strange, when I check using outlook on my PC, the message has no attachments. When I look on my IPOD, it looks like it has attachments in the list of e-mails, but not when I open the message. When I use our Web Outlook Client, I can finally get the attachments...

Not a big deal, and I wouldn't spend any time looking into it unless others are experiencing the same thing (as it could VERY easily be an issue with our antiquated mail system, Smithsonian keeps asking if we want to donate it...)

I can go through the web client to download the images.

Top Bottom