Containers for small scale stabilization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

I have been using these for awhile now ( 23 oz Lock&Lock mixing ) and they work great for doing a few blanks at a time and for doing multiple colors in the same chamber.
4da24ab0b410747596a1a80c23e831d4.jpg

No need for any weights. Will hold 6" blanks at an angle. It makes. The process clean and easy.
c44bbe26294f01d69680617c5a921c06.jpg

I put a SS mesh disc (pre-cut from McMaster) on the bottom to keep the end grain off the bottom and one on the top to keep the blank fully submerged.
1a547feb081528986a697b03387637d3.jpg

With the top on the blanks are kept submerged with some headroom.
I keep a large container of the colors I'm using, fill with blanks, put the screen and strainer on , fill with juice and snap the lid on.
I use pressure after vac and these make that really easy to switch back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

Do you put this inside of some type of vacuum chamber?

Seven

Yes. They just make the process easier, less messy. My process is vacuum until few bubbles, then pressure pot overnight and put under vacuum again for a few hours. This yields very good penetration.

PatrickR

McMaster is a big site. Happen to have the link to the mesh handy? :cool:

Sure. This is what I'm using

3" for the top and 2 9/16 for the bottom.
The piece on the bottom may be overkill but want to be sure there is flow on both ends.

RGVPens

Very cool. I would like to learn stabilizing and maybe casting latter this summer. I may ask you for more details on a setup then. Please.

Top Bottom