Congratulations to the Master Puzzlers! Winners announced!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Now that the first Almost Daily Puzzler contest is part of IAP history, it is time to announce the Master Puzzlers! Thirty five people attempted the final "Fill in the Blank" crossword puzzle but it proved to be too much for all but 10 members!

I would like to thank the follow prize donors for this contest:

• Buzzzz4 donated a box of assorted blanks including mini cones worth $70.00. Thank you Eric!
  • JohnU donated 1 Junior pen feather blank worth $40.00. Thank you John!
  • Rherrell donated a sanding mill worth $25.00. Thank you Rick
Please be sure to let them know you appreciate their support for this contest!

And, without further adieu, the winners for the first Almost Daily Puzzler contest are:

Third Place:
smj1957 with a time of 4 hrs, 38 minutes

smj1957 wins a sanding mill from Rherrell worth $25.00 as well as a small flat rate box of Central Texas wood pen blanks with at least one Tx Hybrid™ blank. Thank you very much, Rick, for the prize donation!

Second Place:
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 with a time of 4 hrs, 35 minutes

Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 wins 1 Junior pen feather blank from JohnU worth $40.00 as well as a small flat rate box of Central Texas wood pen blanks with at least one Tx Hybrid™ blank. Thank you very much, John, for the prize donation!

First Place:
alphageek with a time of 3 hrs, 11 minutes

alphageek wins a box of
assorted blanks including mini cones from Buzzzz4 worth $70.00
as well as a small flat rate box of Central Texas wood pen blanks with at least one Tx Hybrid™ blank. Thank you very much, Eric, for the prize donation!

Wait just a minute, we have a bonus round winner on the final puzzle! Even though this person was not in the tie breaker since he was not tied for first, he still managed to finish faster than two of the three winners!

Bonus Round Winner:
The Penguin with a time of 3 hrs, 26 minutes, beating the second and third place winners!

The Penguin wins a
small flat rate box of Central Texas wood pen blanks from yours truly.

Congratulations to all the winners. It was a lot of fun for me to run this contest and I got lots of great feedback from folks that enjoyed it as well. Good times and good memories! Everyone who participated are winners in my book
!!

Here are the ti
mes of all the folks who completed the puzzle:

alphageek 3:11
The Penguin 3:26
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 4:35
smj1957 4:38
hewunch 4:47
AKPenTurner 5:37
RichF 6:25
mrcook4570 7:07
UKpenmaker 9:18
AKBeaver 24:10

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Well, PR_Princess certainly did thin the herd on this one.

Hans, I'll send you half the blanks I receive and also fill the box with some of my own. Nine minutes is too close.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Woohoo! Bow to the king! :eek:

Seriously - it was LOTS of fun. I thought for sure that I was out of the running with my time. I think some others might have given up too soon thinking they were out.

Look out for next year. My plan is to retire as this years winner and volunteer to help behind the scenes with next years puzzle contest!

Now I just need Smitty to come in and tell me whats going to happen with my prize since I did the contest for the fun and challenge more than the prizes.

Dean

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well,

Smitty answered my PM... So it looks like he is leaving things up to me - but taking me up on my idea of a pen for his collection. So it looks like Smitty will be getting some kind of Buzzzz4 blanked pen for his collection.

Since looking up the list, I see that Stephen is sharing his blanks with Hans, my sharing will go to the next person in line. I'm going to have Curtis send the box of TX woods/hybrid blank straight to AKPenTurner. Silas - hope you enjoy them!

PR_Princess

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!

A big thank you to Curtis for volunteering to take this on (and for letting me play a bit too!) It was a lot of work on his part, but a lot of fun for the rest of us!!:)

Look out for next year. My plan is to retire as this years winner and volunteer to help behind the scenes with next years puzzle contest!

LOL I think I can already smell the brain smoke from here!! :eek: :eek::eek:

hewunch

Well, PR_Princess certainly did thin the herd on this one.

Hans, I'll send you half the blanks I receive and also fill the box with some of my own. Nine minutes is too close.

Stephen, thanks very much for the offer and I never turn down free stuff, but you earned them. Please do not feel obligated in any way. :)

alphageek

Former Moderator

SteveJ

I keep thinking about AKBeaver - 24 hours! I would have (and almost did) given up long before that.

And Hans, we were working on it at the same time and I thought you had beaten me anyway. When you posted you were done I was deflated and almost didn't bother finishing. I can imagine how you felt when you saw you were off by only 9 minutes. So I will gladly share those blanks with you!

Interestingly, I really need that sanding mill! Had two pens I put together this past week which turned out not to have been square! Glad I took third place! I can wait to turn a blank worth $40-70!

Steve

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Total time spent was around 6.5 hours. I gave up 3hours into it, and forgot about until the late evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Yes, but you still stuck with it and completed it! I was going to give you a prize for being the most persistent but ran out of them! Good job for completing it and getting it submitted, knowing your time would not be in the tops. Great sportsmanship IMO!!

AKBeaver

I did it for the challenge and fun. If I had been in with the leaders I would not have stopped.

Thanks for doing the puzzles! I really enjoyed them,and we all learned how evil a certain "Princess" really is!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom