Confetti Lamps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tseger

Anyone turn confetti lamps? I am wanting to start making them, but I am having trouble finding the inserts at a reasonable price. Anyone have a link to a good supplier of these inserts? Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Originally posted by Russb
<br />http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=confetti-light
Those are the ones I have found, the problem is I am trying to make a product to sell in the $10-$15 range. I have seen these at craft shows in this price range so I know they aren't giving $10 for the insert. I know they are out there, I just gotta find them. Thanks for the info.
Vick, I found 1 size at my local Wal-Mart, but it's almost 2 1/2" and I need the smaller size. Do you have any idea what sizes the ones you saw are? I don't have a Michael's anywhere near where I live. I'll keep a check @ Wal-Mart Thanks.
Kent, As I have already said, I am trying to keep the price somewhere in the $10-$15 range.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I do believe they sell for $10 but that is a set of four..
which would make them $2.50 each..

Originally posted by tseger
<br />
Originally posted by Russb
<br />http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=confetti-light
Those are the ones I have found, the problem is I am trying to make a product to sell in the $10-$15 range. I have seen these at craft shows in this price range so I know they aren't giving $10 for the insert. I know they are out there, I just gotta find them. Thanks for the info.
Vick, I found 1 size at my local Wal-Mart, but it's almost 2 1/2" and I need the smaller size. Do you have any idea what sizes the ones you saw are? I don't have a Michael's anywhere near where I live. I'll keep a check @ Wal-Mart Thanks.
Kent, As I have already said, I am trying to keep the price somewhere in the $10-$15 range.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=990-1400

$7.50 (does not include oil) or $10 (with oil)
Our hand-blown Confetti Lights will add a festive glow to any occasion. This is sure to be an excellent item for gift giving as well as for craft shows. Each Confetti Light is 1-3/4" tall and approximately 1-1/2" round and will fit into a 1-1/2" diameter recess. Confetti Lights are supplied in sets of four, which includes four lights

Draken

You can also try:
http://primitive-originals.stores.yahoo.net/oillampinsert.html
and
http://www.oillampman.com/bottlewick.html

Note I have never ordered from either company, just have them bookmarked for future reference once I get a chuck.

Cheers,
Draken

jaywood1207

I have read on other sites where they don't sell very well. A lot don't like to mess with the oil so won't buy them. What most have switched to is the same idea but with a tealight in them. There is a concern about the heat from the candle close to the wood but in my experience and others there is no issue with that. Another option is to make the confetti lamps using the same diameter as a tea light candle and provide a spacer that will fit in the hole so if the buyer would prefer to use tea lights instead of confetti lamps they put the spacer in the hole and put a tea light on top.

jaywood1207

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />I asked this on another site and nobody knew the answer.

Why are they called "confetti" lamps[?][?][?]

Not sure if it's true or not but I found this in Canadian Woodworking after a quick google search. "These attractive, hand-turned, oil lamps are called ‘confetti lamps’ because when a grouping of them are lit together, they resemble confetti."

DocStram

Originally posted by jaywood1207
<br />
Originally posted by Randy_
<br />I asked this on another site and nobody knew the answer.

Why are they called "confetti" lamps[?][?][?]

Not sure if it's true or not but I found this in Canadian Woodworking after a quick google search. "These attractive, hand-turned, oil lamps are called ‘confetti lamps’ because when a grouping of them are lit together, they resemble confetti."

They look like confetti?? Sounds like an urban legend to me. [:D]

fritzmccorkle

i've made them. i've never tried to sell them, but they do make excellent gifts. i've used both the craft supplies model as well as the disposeable one's from walmart. both have their advantages. the one's from walmart come in two sizes. the advantage of the smaller one is it doesn't take as large a chunk of wood and you don't have to have a huge forstner bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom