Combinations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hexhead

I was wondering does anybody out there have any gear and hole combinations that they really like the pattern it made. I know the other day I kind of changed things up, I changed the gear and use fewer holes and come up with a really neat pattern, stupid me didn't write it down. I was just wondering if anybody else's thought outside the box and come up with some neat patterns. If so it would be nice to know the gear combination and how many holes were used. I know I'm not going to make the same mistake twice on the start keeping a record.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Hexhead, what I did was to make some blanks and turned them on the PW leaving a space on the end for details, gearing, spacing etc, that way I had only to show or look what was required. I found that writing/drawing in a book didn't show proper details of pitch, wave, etc.
You could do a combination of both blank with A B C D etc, and a book with gearing, spacing details, etc.
Kryn

Joe S.

I'm actually just trying to really understand how it works, and be able to know about what it will look like beforehand.

Hexhead

One thing I did was cut up a bunch of pine blanks and just started experimenting then I would take a picture if I liked it and then wrote down what the gearing and spacing were that produced it. But I found out some times the density of the wood itself. would produce even different results. So now I try a test piece of the same wood I'm going to use to see how it looks before doing the real blank.

Joe S.

One thing I did was cut up a bunch of pine blanks and just started experimenting then I would take a picture if I liked it and then wrote down what the gearing and spacing were that produced it. But I found out some times the density of the wood itself. would produce even different results. So now I try a test piece of the same wood I'm going to use to see how it looks before doing the real blank.

Interesting, can you show an example?

Top Bottom