Wanted Colored Stabilized Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Hey, Jim - a little clarification. 3 sets of 4 colors means 12 blanks, 3 each of 4 colors, correct?

when you say double the width of a normal blank do you mean 3/4"x1.5"x5" or 1.5"x1.5"x5"?

Thanks for the additional info.

robutacion

Maybe Blue, Green, Red, Yellow or Orange
I asked the question of the colours because you didn't mention it and I thought it could help identify exactly what you are after, unfortunately, I don't have anything done in that size, you may have someone closer that will be able to colour some blanks for you quick.

Best of luck,

Cheers
George

MRDucks2

Thanks for the info, Jim. I know I have hackberry and sycamore available, possibly some maple. I will check tomorrow and PM you with info. Hackberry dyes/stabilizes nicely and gives what I think of as a "digital" grain, very sharp edged. Sycamore also takes color and stabilizing well ending with bright color and golden flecks in the finished product. I'll keep you up to date.

Aces-High

I know you want to barter, but just fyi, there is a FB page, Burls Curls and Swirls, and that guy sells a bunch that size. 1.5 x 5 is often called a "call" blank because it's the size needed for duck calls. They usually go for around $40 each, give or take. So you are actually talking close to $500 worth of wood there...

MRDucks2

I know you want to barter, but just fyi, there is a FB page, Burls Curls and Swirls, and that guy sells a bunch that size. 1.5 x 5 is often called a "call" blank because it's the size needed for duck calls. They usually go for around $40 each, give or take. So you are actually talking close to $500 worth of wood there...
Don't let that scare you, Jim. The last two pen blanks I cut from every piece of wood are 3/4x1.5x5 before the saw splits them apart so they will not have near the value of a 1.5x1.5 burl duck call blank. šŸ˜Š

Top Bottom